Part 6

"The second round will immediately begin as of now. Today will be the first day that you guys will meet with the crown prince himself. Get to know one another, and if he takes a liking to you, you have a greater chance of passing to the last round in 2 weeks."

"By the names that I called you with, that is the order that you will meet his highness. Any questions?" Court Lady Choi looked around but seeing how we all stayed silent, she took that as a no.

"Kwon Nari, you're the first to go." I looked at Nari as she got up in a rush and left with a goofy smile on her face. The maids were to escort her to wherever his highness was at.

Hyerin leaned over to me before saying "If there's 15 of us and we get to meet him for 30 minutes each, how long would that be all together?"

"It would be about 8 hours"

I thought about it..30 minutes is probably very little time for us but his highness will have to sit for about 7-8 hours in total. By the time he's done, he would probably be so exhausted.

We were given permission to leave and spend the rest of our day off until we got called over. I was probably the 8th one to be called so I had a while till they would come to get me. I went back to my room and took out my embroidery supplies and a good material to start it off with.

"hmm now.. what to embroider.." I thought carefully before getting to work. Jasmine flowers would be a beautiful design on a handkerchief.

The rest of my time went by, with me perfecting my piece and bringing those flowers alive through my work. I was so into it that I didn't notice the maids coming in to fetch me.

"Lady Goeun, you shouldn't keep his highness waiting" I abruptly looked up processing those words before struggling to stand. Sitting in one position for hours made my feet go numb. As we walked to the prince's study room, I tried to gather my thoughts as my brain suddenly went blank. What am I even supposed to say to him?

Before long, the doors opened and I quietly made my way inside. I saw him at his table but he wasn't necessarily working. He was laying his head down and... sleeping? Just great, am I even allowed to wake him up?

I paced around the room and tried to make my footsteps louder or I tried putting a nearby book down a little harder so he could wake up on his own, but to no avail.

"hmph" I sat down across from him and quietly peeked at his sleeping face. He was handsome, but somehow, my heart didn't flutter at the sight in front of me.

Once I took a closer look, I noticed the dark circles under his eyes. I looked around his table to find some ink and paper. Once I did, I wrote him a small note before taking my leave.

Once out, I informed the girls outside to get some tea that helps with fatigue and deliver it to him.

"We can meet each other next time, your highness" I smiled before making my way back to my room.

Once Hyerin's turn was over, she ran into my room in the speed of lightning and had an obvious blush on her face.

She sat down next to me before squealing and smacking my arm multiple times. "Oww, Hyerin you don't have to hit me, I'm all ears." I put the needle down and put all my attention on her.

Flashback Hyerin's POV:

My hands were a little sweaty as I made my way inside. The study room was beautifully decorated and I fell in love with the amount of books there were in here. "Greetings your highness, thank you for giving me some of your time" once I said that, he looked up and I swear I think time stopped.

He had Black hair neatly pulled up and light brown eyes that were staring back at mine. He had a defined jawline and even his Adams apple looks sexy..

Hyerin, get a hold of your emotions! I blushed hard and lowered my head.

"Are you just going to stand over there? Come over here and sit down, my lady." he gestured me over to sit down across from him. Once I did, all the things I had prepared myself to say flew out the window.

I glanced up at him and almost choked on my spit seeing him staring at me with his elbows on the table and his hands supporting his chin. "What's your name?" his melodic voice somehow helped me to calm down and before I knew it, I was smiling back at him.

"It's Lee Hyerin, how about you your highness?" I copied how he was sitting and waited for his answer.

If anyone saw us from afar, they would think we are lovers from the close proximity. We were both sitting crisscrossed on the ground and his table was pretty low and small, befitting for only one person's use.

"Its Jong Yul, Hyerinssi"

(Ssi is a form of respect when put in a person's name. its pronounced as shi)

"Nice to meet you Jong Yulssi. What have you been working on this whole time?"

Just like that, my 30 minutes whizzed away as we naturally kept the conversation going.

"Bring in my dinner" Prince Yul motioned for his maids to bring in his meal, so I thought it was the cue for me to leave.

"Have a good meal your highness. I'll be taking my leave now." When I was getting up, I suddenly got pulled back down. He had grabbed my hand to pull me down but he wasn't letting go?!

"Who said you could leave without my permission?" I tried to come up with something to say but I guess my brain stopped working. We had a mini staring contest and I broke it off when I heard the maids bringing in his meal.

Am I supposed to just wait for him to finish eating? But the food looks soo good..

As I was having an inner battle with myself, I felt something cold being placed in my hands. When I looked up, there was a pair of chopsticks in my hand that Prince Yul was holding just a minute ago.

"Eat with me before you go" How can I not start to fall for him when he was being such a gentlemen.

"Just one bite then." I said as I looked at the food displayed in front of us. I guess I didn't keep my promise because one bite turned into me finishing half of the food with him.

-----