Epilogue

Sitting in my old room again felt nostalgic as me, mother, and Dasom were busy sorting out clothes for her baby. I knew mother would come by and now she was the one spoiling her grand child every time they came over.

I watched how there were little sets of everything, many pairs of shoes and ribbons for her hair to choose from. As I held a light blue dress in front of me, mother let out a sigh before whispering to me and Dasom.

"Goeun, is your husband perhaps....impotent?"

I choked on literal air listening to mother's words as a blush ran up to my cheeks. "Mother! How could you say that about your son in law?"

"Its been a while since you got married and everyone around you has been having kids already. Is something wrong with him, or is it you?"

"We both agreed to wait a while before having kids..it is a big responsibility. And um.. I told him I wanted to go through only one pregnancy"

Mother slapped my arm and Dasom calmed her down to which I was grateful for.

"Then I will pray for god to bless you with twins in one pregnancy. You'll endure the pain once and be granted two beautiful children. Doesn't that fit your criteria?"

I stood speechless at mother's words but couldn't say anything smart back because it did make a little sense.

We all came out of the room for lunch where we saw the three men playing go, a board game together on the table. Brother was playing against father as Yohan silently gave some tips to father so he could win.

Pulling him aside for a bit, I whispered in his ears. "You earned yourself the reputation of an impotent man, Mother thinks you're like that" Something flashed in his eyes and just as he was about to retaliate, I ran off to Dasom's side. Sticking out my tongue, I laughed as his ears turned red and he couldn't keep eye contact with mother for a while.

The one thing that got me nervous was when he mouthed the words "wait until we go home" to which I shook my head no. He couldn't do or say anything afterwards since everyone was present in the room, which I took advantage of.

After eating lunch, we had to depart early since Yohan said he had something urgent to do at the palace. I bid my farewells to everyone and kissed my cute niece on the cheek goodbye.

After a long while, we came to a stop and I went inside the gates with the permission of being with Yohan. I had finally been granted a gate pass but hadn't brought it with me today. Before we were able to go into his room, a familiar figure came in front of us. She looked surprised at first but quickly masked her expressions to one of serious professionalism.

"Good evening, it's surprising how we meet like this"

It really was unexpected since Miss Minah had been promoted to a better position in the royal court. After his majesty found out that she was the one who led the rescue operation, he took notice of her skills and knowledge. She was now in a higher place as she travels and gets work done from outside the capital. It's rare to spot her in the palace so it has been a while since I've last seen her.

"I've had some work to do now, so I must take my leave. Good day, Lady Goeun and General Kim." We both bowed to one another before going our own separate ways. We all knew in our heads that there was now a certain line to keep with one another, so I could feel the weird atmosphere between the three of us.

Once we got inside the study room, Yohan suddenly turned around almost making me run into his chest.
"So what were you saying earlier in mother's house?"
.
.
.
.
.

Seeing Yohan's indifferent attitude towards Miss Minah and her respectful attitude towards him, I realized something that day. First loves are thought to be the most exciting part of our lives as they sweep you off the ground, where everything feels pure and new. You experience your firsts with them intimately, first hug, first kiss, first fight, and a first breakup. Although it is the most passionate time of your life, that doesn't mean it's the best or the deepest.

However, true love comes to you when you least expect it, that person completes you and you feel more like yourself with them. You share your joys and worries with them and they root for your dreams and goals wholeheartedly. You accept them as who they are without seeking change, and you embrace one another's insecurities. You start to see your future with them as you stare into their eyes daily. You see beauty in their imperfections and realize that "this person is someone who I will cherish for the rest of my life."

Everyone close to Yohan expected him to turn back to his first love, because in fairytales, in those sweet romance novels, that person is irreplaceable. No matter what you do, you will end up going back to them because that's the magic with first loves.
But looking at my husband now, I realized a person matures as they age and their perspective on a relationship differs as well.
If you ask me, Kim Yohan is my first, last, true, and best love, who appeared in my life when I needed him the most. He is my pillar of support who always believed in me, no matter what anyone said or however much they belittled me. He chose to stay by my side and I promised to do the same in return.

I, Kim Goeun, will live happily with this man, my dear General.
________________________________

This is now the end of "How to win a Husband" to which I say goodbye to my comfort couple. I began writing this around October of 2021 and am now ending it in June of 2022. I really enjoyed writing my GoHan Couple but there were also times where I completely had writers block. I took breaks for months at times and then suddenly wrote 10 chapters in one sitting. Overall, if you came to the end of this chapter, I thank you for reading my story, although it is lacking in many ways. I hope to have made your day even a little better by this book and wish all of you to be safe and happy. Until next time~ zizi