Part 27

Yohan arrived at home soon after and went straight to our room, me closely following behind. Taking off his coat, he didn't bother to change and laid down. "Aren't you hungry? I brought some of the desserts you liked last time."

"I think I'm more tired, but I'll make sure to eat some tomorrow"

"A guest came by saying she had some work related business with you. Remember the woman from the festival, Miss Mayumi?"

Sitting up, he was now alert, and I let out a sigh. Disappointed but not surprised. Nothing can beat his love for his work. "Why did she leave if she had something to say?"

"Beats me. She said she would start working as a bodyguard for Hyerin soon. Our crown prince really went over the top huh" Both of us started laughing, hearing how our friend is so protective over his pregnant wife. "What does Miss Mayumi look like anyways? Maybe I met her during one of my work trips but I don't really remember"

Thinking hard on how to describe her as accurately as I can, I started with her height. "She's about 3 inches taller than me, so right about here" showing with my hands, I moved on to the next topic. "She has long brown hair that comes down to her waist. Her face is more of a heart shape I think and she has more of an almond eye shape." Trying to think of what else to say, I was going to continue until Yohan interrupted me midway "Is there also a small mole under her right eye?"

"I think so.. how did you know?"
Before I could say another word, Yohan was out the door with his coat in his hands. Running behind him, I tried to understand why he was in such a hurry. Finally grabbing his arm, I managed to stop him in his tracks. "W-where are you going?"

"I have to make sure" He tried to shake me off but I stubbornly held on to him. "Can you explain it to me clearly? Do we need to find her? I can help look too" I was going to grab my coat as well but he stopped me forcefully.

"Just stay here. I'll be back" I've never seen him so worked up before but I couldn't seem to grasp on to the situation. "Follow the left road, she went that way" We stared at each other in silence for a few seconds, his eyes held so many emotions but the only thing I had in mine were confusion and hurt.

Once he was out the door, I stood there as a shiver ran down my spine.
"My lady?" Areum and the other workers looked worryingly at me so I gave them my best smile. "You can all go back to your rooms or go home for the day. But before that, can one of you fetch me a blanket"

For the next few hours, I sat on the staircase outside, waiting for Yohan to come home. By that time, I already figured out why he rushed out of the house without a proper plan. The only person who can get him so riled up like that is Miss Mayumi, no, Miss Hwang Minah.

It hasn't even been a few months since we got together, is it already time to go our own ways? The words of those ladies at Mother in laws house kept repeating in my head, making me overthink everything. Closing my eyes, I focused on my breathing and the sounds around me. The wind was blowing on the tree leaves, giving it a nice whooshing sound. Wrapping the blanket around me tighter, I silently wished that he would come back soon. Wasn't he sleepy? I'm darn tired and I'm this close to locking the gate so he won't come back in anymore.

I don't know how long passed but I must have dozed off because I jerked awake when I heard footsteps approaching. "How long have you been sitting here?" I barely looked up at him before saying "since you left?" Grabbing my blanket, I stood up but my legs had other plans for me. Stumbling, I closed my eyes in embarrassment. "My legs fell asleep, it'll get better in a minute. Go inside first"

"That won't do" my legs got swooped off the ground as he gently picked me up and carried me inside. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I kept quiet, there was nothing to feel happy or giddy about. His clothes smells like a woman's scent. Once we got to our room, I got down and he went in the changing room.

Going to the farthest part of the room, I laid the blanket down before grabbing my pillow from our bed. Feeling a headache coming in, I wrapped myself up before trying to fall asleep again. I ignored him as he came over to my spot before crouching down, keeping quiet. Exactly feel guilty. "I'm sorry" his voice sounded tired and gruff, but the apology felt sincere.

"Did you meet her? Miss Hwang Minahssi" opening my eyes, I saw how his eyes widened by the fact that I figured it out already. "How did you-?"

"The General wouldn't run to a random stranger in the middle of the night like his life depended on it. So I pieced two and two together, how smart of me right?" Before I could turn my body the opposite way, he held my wrist down, keeping me in place.

"Trust me, nothing happened between us tonight"

"But it could on some other night?" "Kim Goeun" I knew that I crossed the line by saying that and I know how I am acting like such a- Sitting up, I finally lost it

"I tried to understand! In fact I'm still trying to understand that you both haven't seen each other in years. I know how much you missed one another but I feel like an obstacle that's holding the both of you down. Do you not think you will regret marrying me? Will I not feel like a constant burden that you need to get rid of?"
Something switched in his eyes and I felt an ominous feeling radiating from him. His hand on my wrist tightened and for once, I felt scared in his presence.

"Why do you talk as if you forced me into this marriage?! I chose on my own to make this decision and I was the one who approached you first with a proposal. So don't you dare think that I have no affection for you Kim Goeun."

"Then, do you love me?" With barely a whisper, I managed to shut him up and he was left speechless. "T-then don't touch me" as if his touch burned me, I pushed his hand away before laying back down facing the wall. His heavy breathing could be heard as he threw his coat across the room.

"F---- dammit"