Part 18

Nervous

That was the feeling I was having as I changed into my nightgown. It was late into the night and Yohan had already washed and changed before me. Contemplating on what I would do or say, I finally mustered up my courage to come out and face this head on like a mature woman.

Stepping out, I was just about to speak until I saw Yohan dozed off on the bed.
I scoffed and mentally face palmed myself before walking my way towards him. What was all that worrying for Goeun

Carefully taking off his socks, I put the covers over him before laying down as well. His hair was put down and I admired the small wavy locks sweeping over his eyes.

The sound of his slow breathing was heard as he slept peacefully, and I scooted just a little closer to him. He must've been really tired from traveling back and forth from my residence to his place.

Soon enough, my eyelids felt heavy and I too, fell into a deep slumber, fatigue taking over my body.

---

Waking up early for the day, I forced my body to get up before picking out something to wear. The maids here are a bit on the older side and it's hard for me to converse with them, so I decided from today that I will get ready on my own. Atleast until Areum comes in a few days to help me with my hair.

Wearing a sage green dress, I put my hair up before going over to Yohan's side. He was still sound asleep and I smiled to myself, knowing that this man is now my husband.

I gently patted his shoulder until he stirred awake, his eyes adjusting to the brightness. "You're up quite early"

I was startled hearing his deep raspy morning voice, but it sounded quite nice. It wouldn't be too bad hearing this every morning.

"I just wanted to make a good first impression to your family. I don't think they would like me sleeping in from the first day" As he got up and stretched around, I handed him his socks and he stared at me suspiciously.

"You didn't do anything bad to me yesterday, did you?" I smiled in annoyance before pretending to think about last night. "I think we were supposed to do something, but we went against the customs last night"

"Were you unhappy?" "Then should we do it now?"

"No!" Flustered, I threw a pillow at him which he caught easily.

"Then I think compared to other people, our case is a bit special. And I have yet to be intimate with you, lady Goeun" All jokes aside, I suddenly remembered why he got married in the first place.

I guess the excitement of getting married got to me because I totally forgot about Hwang Minah and his complicated feelings towards her.

Nodding my head, I realized how foolish I was acting, not considering his side of the story. Although I married him because I fell for him, he married me to try and get rid of that affection and fondness he has towards someone else.

"But that doesn't mean I will neglect you or not care for you. You are my wife and my forever partner"

As he got himself ready, I went out to the dining area to see if anyone was awake. All the workers were busy doing their own things and the table was slowly getting filled with dishes of food.