Chapter 15

Chapter 15

(Slowly editing) My Life Hidden as a Shifter [Completed]

* Lightning's POV *

I'm at the Zoo today, visiting old friends that I haven't seen for a whole week.

King was laying down next to his Lioness and his cubs. I ran to the locked door, I opened it and slipped inside. "Hey King, Lioness, and cubs. How was your day?"

The cubs ran to me and tugged my pant leg. "I know, I miss you too." King was looking at me with his big brown eyes.

I got on one knee and bowed to show respect. "I'm sorry I wasn't here to see you for a whole month, my King." He roared at me to get up.

I got up slowly and looked at him. "Please forgive me. I had problems with my pack, my family. It got out of hand, I didn't know what to do." King walked up to me and licked my face, that has tears running down them.

I laughed at his big tongue, his tongue tickles me a little. I buried my face in his mane and started crying. I felt his head rubbing me back, trying to comfort me.

The lioness licked my hand, while the clubs were roaring at me, then purring. I pulled back wiping my face clean, I feel like a baby.

"Thank you for calming me down." I put my hand on his nose to hear him talk.

"My child, you are never alone. Me and my family are always with you, in your heart. Your brave, you know what to do when the time comes, sometimes you have to show your pride, like me." His words dug deep within me, my heart warmed because of it.

"Remember, to be who you are. Know matter what happens to me, you are my first choice to protect my family." I hugged him so tight, I thought I could break him, but I knew better.

I said my thanks to him and left his den.

I walked around to find my Tiger friends. I made it to them and opened the door. I slipped in to see the Tiger male rolling in the grass, well almost gone grass now. "Tiger!. How is the family?"

Tiger stopped rolling in the grass and ran to me. Tiger jumped on me and started to lick my face. "Calm down buddy, I missed you too."

He didn't stop, so I let him lick me. After he was satisfied that he licked every part of my face, the female Tigers came out, then ran to me.

They first smelled me, then licked my face. I grabbed both their heads and brung them into a hug.

We talked a little bit, I told them why I haven't been here for awhile. They understood why I haven't seen them. We played a little with one of their toys.

After awhile I said my goodbyes and left.

Remembering that they told me we got new animals, I started looking around. I looked around till I saw a polar bear sitting down on the rock.

I walked up to the cage, I used my power to gets it attention. The polar bear got up and turned to me. I went to it's door and went inside.

"Hello, your new I see. I'm Lightning, you are?" I walked to up to it, and placed my hand on it's nose.

"I'm The Great One, but call me Joe. That's what my family named me when I was little. You are one, like me. Why aren't you in a cage like me?" I patted his head, and sat down next to him.

He sat next to me and we started to tell each others stories. It was about noon when I heard my name called.

I saw Mike, Brandon, Tim, Elmo and of course Zach with their mouths wide open. They all look at me with wide eyes.