chapter 31

Chapter 31

(Slowly editing) My Life Hidden as a Shifter [Completed]

* Lightning's POV *

We were late when we arrived at the Zoo because Dr. Caleb also had to take off my cast that I had to get off.

I was on my motorcycle, where John was behind me with Zach and Lilly in the back seat. Dr. Caleb went home to pick up his huge trailer he said he had.

I parked my motorcycle, while John parked his car beside me. I looked around where snow lay still on the ground, but at least it's not snowing.

I turned off my baby and got off, placing my helmet on the seat. John opened his door as Zach and Lilly got out on the other side.

I was wearing skinny jeans with red tank top that says, 'I'm Sexy' and slipped on my combat boots as well and my hair was in a ponytail.

I walked toward the gates where everyone was waiting for us. I saw Star talking to one of the pack members as I walked to them. When she saw me she smiled.

"Light, there you are. Why is everyone here?" She said coming to me.

"Sorry, I just woke up two hours ago. Oh, and thanks, for not closing the Zoo." I said looking around at the pack members who were confused.

"That's okay, but why is everyone here? We should all stayed at home before the war is here." She said a little unease.

"I know, but we need more people to help us, so I decided to ask my friends." I said walking inside the Zoo. I can smell all the animals that are in their cages. "What friends?" She said walking by my side. "The animals are my friends and my family. Remember, I'm a Shifter I can talk to any animal." I said to her. She nodded as I heard a honk. I turned around to see Dr. Caleb coming into the parking lot.

"Oh, and Star you might want to put a force field around you and everyone else, okay." I said walking toward my King's cage. "Alright." She yelled as I entered King's cage.

As I entered the cage I was stopped by a growl. I looked up to see King looking at me with his big brown eyes. I bowed to him to let him know it's me. He stopped growling and ran to me. He rubbed his big head against my hip. "Light, my dear. It's been so long I've seen you. How are you?" He said.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry I haven't been here. I've had some trouble on the way." I said remembering the war that is coming soon. "So, where's the cubs?" I said looking, but I didn't see them. I looked back to see King with a sad expression. "Where are they King?" I said getting worried if someone hurt them.

"My lovely Queen, and cubs. . . are gone." He turned his big head away from me.

"What, what happen?" I was getting angry now.

"One day, me and my cubs were playing while my Queen was cleaning around the cage. A couple of people came in and took my cubs away, I tried getting them, but somehow they shot something at me that made me go to sleep. But before I fell into consciousness I saw they did the same to my Queen, and took them both. I woke up here in my cage still, with no one to wake me." He got up and walked away from me.

I followed him to see him sitting on a rock where once his Queen used to sleep and watched the kids play. "I have nothing to live for, nothing. Their gone forever." He does have something to live for, his family might be gone, but I'm here for him.

"You have me remember, but don't worry I'll find out where your family is, okay?" He nodded his big head. "So Light, why are you here anyway?" The hard part.