Chapter 21

Pagsubok

"NOW tell me,if you are in my stand.What are you gonna do to save your daughter's life?To keep her alive?"

Nanatili akong gulat at hindi agad rumehistro sa aking isipan ang sinabi ng Hari,ganun rin si Dark.

"You shoud've said so father.You have the power even that was not enough to save the Princess."

"Hindi mo alam ang lahat,Dark."

Tumaas ang kilay ni Kuya Dark,like his name the Prince's face turned Dark,"You are the King,don't forget that Father."

"Kahit na iyong ama ay ang Hari hindi ibig sabihin ay palagi siyang malakas at makapangyarihan."

Tumango ako,tama si Ama.Hindi lahat nang makapangyarihan ay malakas at matapang.May kahinaan rin sila,hindi man nito pinapakita pero mahina sila sa kanilang kaloob-looban.

Maybe this is also the right time to tell him our plan.Since he has mistakes that he can't explain.

"Is it really because of that monster's stupid heart?"

Desperado na akong malaman niya at nang maliwanagan na ito.There is a possiblity that this would fail but trying is not bad.

"What do you mean Zhaylene? Are you doubting me?"

Hindi pa rin nakatakas sa aking mga mata ang paglunok nito ng patago which I found it really suspicious." I need help to save our kingdom."

Kuya Dark was never seemed bothered.Alam kong naniniwala na siya.I hope my comrades would be happy to hear this when I'm going to meet them once again.

"I'm forever grateful of your love and for keeping me save father but you're sacrifices to protect me leads to risking the life of our people."

"You think I didn't consider that too,Zhaylene.Protecting you means also risking the life of my people.Every decisions I made was risky and all."

Nakita kong sobra nang nakalukot ang mukha ni Kuya Dark.He's frustated,sino pa naman ang hindi kung ito lang naman pala ang malalaman mo.

I walk closer to father and stop when our distance was already good and spacious for us and for him to look at me directly.I don't have a choice,it seems he knows.Wala nang atrasan,walang magsisisi.

"I need you to let us fight in the war.Ako,si Dark at si Knight.You are not telling us the whole story but you know that I already know something."

Bumalot ang takot sa mga mata ng Hari.He's afraid and he doesn't want his children to fight...because there is a possibility of failure.

That how come that his precious child is going to a war,to fight,to win and save the kingdom.To end the little mistakes just to make his daughter survive healthy,safely.

He stared at me for seconds,thinking then glance at Dark who's been standing silently at the corner.Himala kanina pa ito tahimik.

"Fine,I can't stop you now.The three of you is not enough—."

"—I already have a company.Don't worry about that and let me handle the rest."

Tumango tango ito na para bang sumang-ayon.Tumalikod ito sa akin para maupo sa kaniyang silya.I smirk,ang bobo ko rin minsan.Kanina pa kami nakatayo tapos may mauupuan naman sa opisina at eto kami mas pinili pang tumayo.

Sumenyas ako kay Dark na umupo na rin siya since our father just took his seat.Maybe we could also sit right?

Hindi na ito umangal at tumabi na sa akin sa pagka-upo.I then look at father who is now massaging the bridge of his nose looking stress.

I'm sorry ama ni Zhaylene,pero ito talaga ang nakatadhana na mangyari.Sa tagal ko na rito nasanay na akong tawaging Zhaylene,sometimes I miss my name being called.Ang ganda ganda pa naman noon,Ashiana.Bet na bet ko.

"You still have a masquerade party to attend and you didn't choose a dress to wear.Kailangan mo pa gawin ang mga gawain mo.You have an unfinish task,remeber my daughter? after you finish that you can prepare yourseld and then after two months you can go."

Parang nahulog ang aking panga sa narining,dang it!I remembered that I have a party to attend to pero bakit pagkatapos noon two months pa?

Umaasa ako e,ayokong mabigo.

"Father,I know my responsibilities but why another two months before I could go?"

Uminom ito sa wine na hawak niya kanina pa bago man kami pumasok,naudlot lang niya itong inomin dahil sa amin.He glance at Dark.

What now?lumingon na rin ako kay Dark.Nakatingin na pala ito sa akin jusmeyo bakit???

Don't tell me he's having a crush on his sister,OMG! ISTG! Babalikwasin ko talaga siya.Akala niya hindi ko napapansin.I know hindi ako detailed pero since I meet and talk to him,he's been giving me stares that would  make ma uncomfortable.

"What??" Giit ko kay Dark.

Tinaasan niya ako ng kilay,"Like you,I also have unfinish task Zhaylene."

"And then? What's the problem with that.I can go with my company naman and also you can let me meet the person that could help us enter the..errr Dead forest." Binulong ko lanh yung huling salita baka hindi na naman ako payagan.

"I won't let you go without your brothers Zhaylene."

Masaya ako na mahal ako ng Hari pero ang overprotective niya rin minsan.

Siniko ko si Dark,"Can you finish your task after the masquerade party?"

"Zhaylene...".

"But father,I'm already wasting time and I don't want to waste more time just to wait for my older brother too."

"Stop it Zhaylen,be patient." Dark said with full of authority.Ah,kuyang kuya na siya pakinggan ah.Hindi na katulad noon na para bang kaibigan niya lang ako.

He changed that quick means he's taking my plan serious.

"Okay,as a father.Hindi ko na mapigilan pa.I will allow you Dark to postpone your task.You three will leave after the party."

I nearly jump because of that.Finally after a long waited of convincing.

My plan was really going well and I'm excited to tell Ice the good news.I was smiling ear to ear that Dark rolled his eyes to me seeing me happy.Bitter brother,whatever.

When we we're back to his office,doors closed.Hindi na ako nagsayang ng oras.

"Help me to pass the Dead forest."