Existence Of Shinigami

L was not processing the fact that you were holding onto his arm, attempting to keep him from falling.

"Shinigami? Am I supposed to believe that-that Shinigami actually exist? " L said, sounding like he was in a state of utter disbelief.

You subtly turn your head around to see Ryuk standing behind Light. A mischievous grin takes over your facial features. You wink at Ryuk, reminding him that you were aware of his existence.

Ryuk dramatically shudders.

"Light, since she can see me, I don't feel comfortable here." Ryuk whined.

"Talk to me later," you mouthed to Ryuk.

Back to the main issue

"That's-that's impossible." Matsuda latches on to L's opinion of Shingami

"Obviously they don't exist." Aizawa agreed.

"That's right, Ryuzaki, listen to yourself! Of course shinigami don't exist" Light acted out his opinion.

Oscar worthy performance here, I'm tempted to slow clap

L looks back at Light

"That's right, but I remember that Kira had those prisoners write something about the shinigami," L says, looking up at the sudden realization that you helped him.

"N/n, did you know he was going to fall?" Light asked curiously, wondering if you would have helped him if his roles were switched with L's.

"Mhm," you agree without thinking.

"You also know about the shinigami?" L inquired, subtly attempting to reveal more information about whether or not if shinigami existed.

Everyone in the room looked at you with different emotions going through them. Some members knew you wouldn't say anything about the investigation, and they accepted that.

While some were still upset by your resistance to sharing

Light wanted you to think about your response carefully. This was an opportunity to see where you stood on this issue.

L wanted to get more information out of you. He already trusted you were neutral in the investigation. Otherwise, you wouldn't have kept his identity a secret, and he would've been dead by now.

"I knew the overall situation of what was going to happen today, and I had no intention of interfering. Do what you will with the information from the tape." you say, not revealing your allegiance to either side.

"So everything is going as you predicted? Or as you've seen omniciently" L asked, getting back into his original position on the seat.

"Yes, so far it is." You agree, not giving anymore information.

"Thank you, N/n," L gratefully said, remembering that you interfered to help him from falling.

"No problem," you smile, unknowingly provoking Light in the process.

After feeling L's skin, it felt strangely warm. Not like the cold skin one would assume based on L's appearance.

"Based on the fact that Kira mentioned a shinigami as well, perhaps we're dealing with the same person after all," Mr. Yagami said.

Light replied to his father's guess, "I don't think so, because if this was the same person, they wouldn't have responded to the video in the first place, and why would they agree to let L live after all the trouble of getting him to arrive on TV."

"All of this suggests that the copycat has his own agenda and is acting independently. I believe he plans to meet with the original," L said.

"The word shinigami can refer to the power to kill," a task force member adds.

"Will you respond and force him to be more specific? " Another member question

"We can't make it too obvious or else he might suspect us," Light said, acting innocent.

"I say we leave it up to the two Kira's. I imagine that the 2nd Kira is probably quite satisfied with the current situation," L said, leaving the rest of the room to agree with his claim.

"In the meantime, let's gather all the information we can about the second Kira," L added, deciding it was time to do more research.

Time skip

A few days have passed since the 2nd Kira's reply. You had decided to find a better place to live since you had no intention of living in another hotel.

This shouldn't be that hard.

Light was dealing with his own issues. He was heading over to the hotel where the meeting was held when he received a phone call from his father.

"Light, there's another message from the second Kira. It was sent to Sakura TV. It has a journal attached this time, "Mr. Yagami said.

You were in the building when the journal was sent in. You decided not to intervene and let the story take its course by allowing Light and Misa to meet.

Although I wanted to see Misa with Light, I might add suspicion to myself, I better not. I might be able to speak with Rem soon. I'll wait until Misa arrives

"What do you think? Is it real?" L asked Light, analyzing him.

After a few seconds of delay, Light responded.

"At this point in time, all I can say is he must be stupid "

"To be honest, it's so stupid, I'm not even sure how to deal with the situation anymore " L told everyone while eating a treat.

You sighed, deciding it was the best time to go house hunting since everyone was busy.

"Good luck everyone, I'll be leaving. Bye" you reply.

"You're leaving?" L asked, sounding slightly disappointed.

Does he want me here for my information or because he likes me here?

"Sorry, I already made plans. Have fun!" You responded quickly while running towards the door of your hotel room