Breaking Bullet Proof Glass

Mello pushed you back, eyes wide open. He was about to call the other gang members, but you put your hand over his mouth.

"I used to work with L" you told Mello. You reveal a small part of the situation to gain his trust and shut him up.

His eyes widen. He moves your hand away from his mouth.

"Y.. you know L?" Mello asked with caution.

You nodded.

"Yes, we're close friends." You spoke as if his death had never occurred.

Mello looked at you suspiciously before speaking.

"Why are you here?"

"Did you forget that your men kidnapped me?" You asked, baffled by his question.

"Anyways, I'd like to request that I don't stay in that glass cage." You talk as if he had a choice in the matter.

"You just fucking teleported. How the hell did you do that?" Mello asked, barely registering the events that had just occurred.

"You believe in a notebook that kills people but not teleportation?" You question

Mello looks at you, narrowing his eyes.

"You said you were close to L.. are you perhaps.. Y/n?" Mello asked.

You slightly widened your eyes, not knowing how he guessed.

How did he know my name?

"What are you talking about?" You ask, trying to play the situation off, but that slight moment of hesitation didn't pass through him, he noticed.

He scoffed.

"Y/n, huh? The girl that he created a will for?" Mello asked, clearly getting slightly emotional about the thought of L.

I should've known my name would be mentioned.. it was most likely Watari who had a file on my real name. L wouldn't rat me out.

"Where do you sleep? I don't mind sharing a bed." You give him a peace sign.

He looked at you, once again confused.

"Why would you sleep with me? You're staying in there," he said, pointing to the glass box.

You turn back to him before walking over to the exit.

"Hey! Where are you going?!" He yelled, causing the gang members to rush in.

"I made a reasonable request and I'm not even being treated like a welcomed guest here. What's up with that?" You ask, looking at Mello with a heartbroken expression.

Mello and the other gang members look at you with annoyance.

"You were kidnapped. Of course you wouldn't be treated like a guest," one of the men laughed.

After taking a good look at everyone in the room, you turn back to Mello.

"Hey, you guys respect the strong here, right?" You ask.

"Yeah, so what?" One of the men asked.

"I'll give you a little sneak peek of my strength," you wink before speaking with Mello.

"Can you open this door so I can get back in?" You ask, referring to the glass door.

The others in the room were confused about how you exited the room in the first place.

Mello looked at you with a confused yet interested look.

You walk into the glass room, where they immediately shut it after you.