PART III -

PART III -

KINGS AND QUEENS OF OUR CITY

Everything seemed to be going well.

Per Haskell was sent away from the Dregs and Kaz took over, Inej had her own ship that she bought with her heist money and part of Kaz's, who was more than happy to invest on it. Wylan was a mercher now and Jesper was more than happy to follow him around, recovering from his addiction and even going back to college with Wylan's sponsorship. Nina and Matthias went back home – each other's arms; for them home was where the other was in.

Kaz was happy visiting his family and he was willing to try now that one more brick was taken from Pekka. Inej is recognized as the closest thing to living saint Katterdam has had in a long time. Wylan was popular for his ideas and his smartness. Jesper insisted on going back to school to help Wylan and retired from the life of gangs and gambling. Nina wanted to support Inej and went back to Ravka to see the slavers from there and give her information, her boyfriend, Matthias, recovering from his almost-death experience tagged along with her, eager to do good after a lifetime of evil.

But Monarchy doesn't always work.

You can ask all the kings with their heads on baskets.