𝙶𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚍

Bold italics are when she has her interview things

____________________

Waking up in the morning is hard for me. I know that I have a good life and supportive parents, but I can't help but want to complain about the early hours of the morning that I wake up in. I mean, most kids my age only have to worry about their grades at school, or whether or not they'll make it onto the sports team. I have to worry about making sure I don't get too injured, cause that would mean taking a break from dance and gymnastics, which would be a disaster.

I force myself to leave the comfort of my bed and head downstairs to the kitchen for a light breakfast. Noticing the silence of the house, I look around the kitchen to see if my parents have left a note to explain their absence. I spot a sticky note on the fridge with my mother's handwriting.

Hayden,

Your father and I were called in early this morning to work. We have organized a vehicle to come and pick you up and drop you off at The Next Step in time for your audition. Our thoughts are with you. Good luck.

Love, mum xoxo

I smile softly at the note, knowing my parents would be thinking of me today while I auditioned for The Next Step's A-Troupe. I decide to have a protein shake and some store-bought fruit salad for breakfast. Eating it quickly, I think over what may happen today during auditions. Obviously, I'm at a disadvantage. All of the people auditioning today would've been in TNS's A or B troupe last year. The only reason I can audition for the competition troupe is that the studio head, Kate, sent me an invitation to try out due to my status in both the dance and gymnastics world.

If you search up my name, the first thing that comes up is my win two years ago at Absolute Dance Internationals. Although my team didn't win the entire thing, I was still acknowledged by the public as one of the youngest to have won Miss International Soloist. It's not my greatest achievement, but it is a close second. My greatest achievement is the second thing you see when you search me up. I was considered for the French Olympic Gymnastics team for London 2012, but my parents and I decided that I was far too young to do it, and I would be very underprepared. We came to the decision that I would focus on dance more, believing I was near my peak for gymnastics and wanted to prolong my ability to do gymnastics for as long as possible.

Finishing breakfast quickly, I ran upstairs to get changed into my dance gear and make sure everything I would need for the day was packed in my bag. Looking through my dance clothes, I tried to think of how I wanted to present myself. Did I want to make myself look like a threat to the A-Troupe members that are auditioning, or do I want to make it so they would underestimate my skill? It's not like they'll find out my last name until Kate posts the final list, so they can't search me up. I decided to go with the latter option. I pull out one of my go-to ballet outfits, consisting of pink tights and leotard and a dark blue wrap skirt to wear over the tights. I make sure to grab my warm jumper to combat the cold weather of Canada.