𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝙼𝚢 𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚎

Author: Just fyi I'm not a dancer, so if any terminology I use is incorrect, let me know and I'll fix it

Author: Just fyi I'm not a dancer, so if any terminology I use is incorrect, let me know and I'll fix it. Also the inspo for this 'behind the scenes' of choreo creation is taken from various videos I've watched on YouTube, so... yeah. Again, I'm not a dancer, and this is kind of an original episode, cause I couldn't be bothered writing out the conversations all the characters have + fitting her into the beach dance scene.
Anyway... enjoy!

_____________________________

Right now we're practicing our routine for Regionals, and... I don't like it... like at all. It's all Emily, Emily, Emily. None of our ideas have been considered, and at this rate, I don't see us moving past the first round.

🩰

Emily spins around after we finish the dance, with a sarcastic happy face, " that was really, really, really good," she claps, her voice dropping, emphasising her sarcasm, "for B-Troupe," she scoffs, "take five, we'll be back." Kate walks in as Emily announces the break.

"Before you take five, I just wanted to let you guys know that we have dance camp all in Studio A all day tomorrow, so you guys get a day off," she smiles as we all cheer.

Kate leaves the room and we form a small circle to discuss the news.

James is the first to speak, "What are you guys planning on doing on your day off?"

"Yeah, we should all chill," Eldon adds.

"I've never been to the beach," Michelle is quick to mention.

James grins very widely, "Yo, let's go to the beach then!" Most of the group cheers at the idea, but Emily interjects on the celebrations.

"Actually, the E-Girls are helping out with dance camp, so we won't be able to join you." For some reason, I don't think the others are disappointed by this.

"Um... I won't be able to make it either, My parents want us to have a family day, and tomorrow will be perfect," I tell the others. There are some sounds of disappointment, but I know they'll still have fun at the beach.

🩰

I'm not actually having a family day. My parents are in Spain right now, finalising some final things to complete our move to Canada. I just don't want them to know that I have a solo competition this weekend that I need to practice for.

🩰

I contemplate talking to Kate and Chris to get some ideas for what style I should do at the competition. But before I do that, I decide to do a dance style medley in Studio B, trying to figure out what feels best for this competition. Playing the music, I start with contemporary, switching to lyrical, leaping into ballet, and spinning back into contemporary, before moving into hip-hop to finish the song. Suddenly, I have an epiphany. Most dancers will do the dance style they're comfortable with and with most competitions I've attended, very few in the female category perform hip-hop, especially since most began their dance journey with ballet, and ballet and hip-hop are on opposite sides of the dance spectrum. Most ballet dancers find it difficult to forget all the techniques they've learned in order to perform the freestyle nature of hip-hop.