Epilogue 1

Aarav's POV

Due to a short circuit, our major factory caught fire today. Everyone was taken to the hospital right away. Thankfully, no one was seriously hurt. Sachi's first sonography takes place today. We were both ecstatic for this day, especially me. Sachi accompanied Mom and Abheer to the appointment because I needed to be here. I can't believe I'm missing my baby's first glimpse. I would not have attended this meeting if it had not been about the lost recovery and the worker's injuries and compensation. The meeting came to an end, and everyone began to leave the room. I was asking Aman about the workers who had been harmed in the fire. We were conversing when the door burst open and Sachi walked in.

"Sachi, please wait in my cabin for me." Her grin faded into a scowl, and she walked away. Today is my last day. Nobody is going to be able to protect me from her. Her mood swings are a nightmare.

"Boss, I think you should go behind her. Don't worry I will handle everything." Aman said.

I rushed towards my cabin. I cautiously opened the door without making a sound. She was murmuring something while sitting in my chair.

"You both are not allowed to be like you rude father. It's a warning from me." I smiled at her and then it clicked me she said 'both'. What did she mean by that?

"Sachi." I said softly and she turned towards me and was glaring at me. I am going to die. I am going to die today. I was continuously chanting in my mind. I was thinking about it and out of nowhere a file landed on my face. What the!

"Get lost." She said with a pout. 

"This is my cabin." I said stating the fact that I can stay here as it belongs to me.

"Yes, you are right. I will only go. Anyway, I don't want to talk with you." she got up and started moving towards me, and glared at me to move aside. I kept my hands on her shoulder, circled them around her neck, and pulled her closer.

"May I ask as to why you are so enraged?" I inquired of her.

"That is the question you are posing to me. You didn't come with me, and when I approached you to speak with you, you shooed me away."

"I wouldn't have missed coming with you for anything. I wouldn't have gone anywhere today if my presence wasn't required here. Still, please accept my apologies." I whispered and gently kissed her on the forehead. She became sad all of a sudden.

"You are not supposed to apologize. It's not your fault. I apologize for the trouble. I should not have reacted in that manner." She said, her sobs suppressed. Her mood swings are quite tough to cope with. She had been joyful, then furious, and now she was sad. Before I say anything in front of her, I have to be quite cautious. Every sentence I say elicits a different response from her. I should try to divert her attention away from this topic.

"What occurred today, exactly? Is everything in order? When you first walked in, you seemed pleased? I'd want to know why." I inquired of her. With a shake of her head, she expressed her disapproval.

"I'm not going to say right now." With a pout on her face, she said.

I pleaded, "Please."

She smiled and added, "We're having twins." For a brief time, I was taken aback.

"We're expecting twins. Are you certain? We are having not one but two babies." I spoke about the news that I received right now.

"I'm so happy. There will not just be one but two additions to the family." I said loudly and hugged her. She handed me a file, which I opened. It was filled with her reports. I glanced at it, but I couldn't make any sense of it. I frowned at her, and she proceeded to explain it to me. I was completely overwhelmed. I'll be the father of two more children. I'm happy that my unborn children, as well as their mother, are in good health.