Chapter : 37

"Sudha" in Unique Tonalities?

"As you said, there was indeed a girl with him. Couldn't see her face properly but she was surely not Maya Deshpande." A middle aged tea seller informs over phone.

"I knew it. That bloody son of a bitch might have forcefully taken her." Ekansh says through gritted teeth.

"But sir she seemed quite free and happy for a girl who has been kidnapped." The man adds.

"What do you mean?" Ekansh asks drawing his eyebrows together.

"I mean I saw her smiling at him and also talking to him like a normal family will do. I think.. she's willingly staying with him." The man responds.

"No.. that can't be. How would Vasudha get involved with him when we all saw how much hatred she had for that Danuj guy? This sounds weird. Where are my men, the ones following his car?" Ekansh asks.

"Two of them are already down along  with their team. He single handedly managed that. The other two groups are ready by the road to keep an eye on him. Hope they won't disappoint." The man replies.

"Disgusting. I don't know why the hell do I pay them anyway. Did you get to take a picture of Danuj?" He asks.

"No hope sir, he kept wearing that black cap and black mask all the time. Couldn't manage to take one." The man answers.

"There is something really suspicious about this man I am telling you Robin. I don't know why I am truly curious to know how he looks like. But right now Vasudha is more important. I want informations Robin and by informations I mean the fruitful ones. I want her in my arms before the end of this month!" He hisses at the end.

¤¤¤¤¤

He knows he needs to cross this road as early as possible. He has never feared facing these worthless goons, never even bothered. Because that was mostly about his life. A life that has no importance to anyone other than Nihal and Ojas. But now as he looks at Vasudha's worried eyes he realizes that someone, other than the usual two people, has genuine concern for his safety, even though he has given her nothing but pain and lies.

Lies, that he doesn't know she has a brother. Yes, listening to her talk about her brother and not acknowledging the fact that he knew him, should also be considered as lie, at least to her unbiased, honest eyes. He knows he is playing with fire. But now he can't stop. He has to keep her safe even if that resultantly leads him to burning himself. He slowly looks at her sleeping figure. He can see how she has started relying on him, trusting him, even after everything he has done. What is she made of?

He is very much engrossed in her thoughts when two sharp bullets hit the window at the driver's side and bounces back. The glass is bulletproof.

Startled, he snaps his head to his right. He can't believe that he zoned out. This must be the first time in his whole life he finds himself losing focus. Even the simple hitting sound was huge and he knew it would be, that was the reason he spiked her drink.

He so wanted to get down and show them there rightful places but now is not the right time. He needs to reach the mansion at the earliest. He brings out his cell phone and dials a number.

"Be ready. I'll reach within an hour or so."

And as said, within an hour he is standing inside a dense wood with a sleeping Vasudha in his arms. Right infront of him a man as tall as him is standing.

"Wear the mask and the cap, walk towards the south. The black one." Danuj whispers in his deep voice. The man infront of him nods in understanding and takes the car key.

"Boss, The red Mustang, towards the clearing. I parked it there." The man says before leaving.

"Good. Now move and remember they should not get to know the difference. Be fast. We're tricking the tricksters. And also, beware, they have crossed the limit tonight, firing bullets." He says clenching his jaw.

¤¤¤¤¤

The very moment Nihal hears the calling bell he almost runs towards the door, with Maya following right behind him. And the very moment he opens the door his eyes widen in surprise.
Standing at the door is Danuj, totally unharmed. So what's surprising? It's just that he is holding a sleeping Vasudha to his chest, that too bridal style. And is that his red hoodie?

"I left him for what a month or so. What did she do to my rude as fuck, selfish, pain in the ass Dan?!" He asks placing a hand on his heart dramatically.

"You done? Now move. I spiked her drink. She'll wake up anytime now. So before she wakes up I want to place her on her bed. Remember, she just fell asleep, normally asleep." He says as Nihal scowls. "Understood Nihal, Maya?" He asks as Nihal nods in agreement and Maya seems to have travelled to a different world as her eyes are fixed at where his arms are wrapped around her body, quite protectively. However, Danuj doesn't wait and hurriedly moves upstairs.

He comes down some ten minutes later, with a bag filled with new clothes. These are the clothes Maya, to her utter dismay, has been ordered to buy for Vasudha today morning. And that's when she understood why her brother kept on smiling like a creep all the time. It was fun to him, seeing her shocked and confused to an otherworldly extent.

He comes down with a deep scowl on his face.

"Maya..Maya..!" He calls out and as if immediately Maya comes and stand infront of him.

"Yes, D'?" She asks.

"So, do you buy clothes like these for yourself? If you do then change it, if you want. And about Sudha wearing these, the quality of the clothes are way too poor for her to wear. Change them yourself or ask someone to call Ojas. He knows the brands better because he has been shopping the best things for her for as long as I can remember. And also, she doesn't prefer orange, so keep that out of the list." He says and takes the stairs.

Maya, who kicks the bag aside out of sheer rage, leaves immediately after she is done. And Nihal, who keeps looking at the retreating figure of his friend, tries to understand what has changed, tries to digest the fact that for such a wooden person like Danuj it is obviously a huge deal to bring out time and spend that on verifying the quality of clothes Vasudha might be wearing. And the other fact that he just called her "Sudha" means the whole thing has taken a sharp 360° turn.

¤¤¤¤¤

After two hours or so they finally get to see the confused face of Vasudha peeking below from above the staircase.

"See who's awake. How is my little V doing?" Nihal stands up from the sofa and moves to the stairs. Her face breaks into a huge grin.

"Nihal.. I missed you so much!" She runs down the stairs and hugs him, smiling wide he returns the same.

"Missed you too Vasudha. Tell me how was your days there." He says as they both start walking towards the sofas, where Danuj and Maya are already sitting. Maya looking at Danuj and Danuj staring at Nihal and Vasudha.

"Oh don't ask, I spent most my days listening to "Sudha" in various unique tonalities." She says stifling a laugh and as if on cue Danuj's voice booms in.

"Sudha..!" Furrowing his eyebrows Danuj utters in a warning tonality.

"See. Told you." She says as both Nihal and she starts laughing. Instead of feeling disturbed, something Danuj usually feels, he surprisingly feels amused as he sees even while talking to Nihal how Vasudha automatically comes towards the tiny empty space left beside him, gestures him to move a bit with her hand and sits beside him, making herself comfortable. Nihal doesn't fail to notice the action himself, neither does Maya.

_________________________________________

If you like my story feel free to Vote, Comment, Follow and Share.

Love, Puja. 🤗