Chapter : 50

Craves To Be Loved.

The sunlight is peaking through the white curtains. A weird sense of comfort keeps Vasudha enveloped from all around. She doesn't need to open her eyes to understand where this warmth and comfort is coming from, because she can feel the strong arms wrapped around her waist. She can also feel this intrusion on her chest. She opens her eyes only to find Danuj's head buried in her chest and his arms wrapped around her body in a tight grip. His scars are open and bare for her to see. The pain he has endured for so many years is heartwrenching. She raises her hand to his head and draws small comforting circles there. And if her ears haven't betrayed her then she probably heard him purr as his lips release a satisfied sigh. This man craves to be loved, to be saved from his miseries. And if this is what his true self is then she will leave no stone unturned to bring him out of it.

Her eyes fall on the clock hanging from the wall and as if immediately her eyes widen. He was supposed to be out for his meetings by 7 AM, and the clock already shows 7 AM. She has never seen him getting late ever since she met him, what's gotten into him? She immediately shakes him by his shoulder.

"Wake up Danuj. It's already 7 AM, you're late for your meeting." The man doesn't even move a muscle. Is he even alive? She smiles to herself seeing how he is sleeping like there is no tomorrow.

"Can you not hear me? I know you're awake. Get up. Hurry and leave. What's wrong with you?" She tries to move out of his embrace but fails miserably as he pulls her back to his chest.

"This is bad you know. Release me right now. You have to leave for work." She tries to convince him as he finally opens his puffy eyes and somehow doesn't look worried at all. His eyes remain fixed to hers, as if he is seeing something unique, something he has never seen before.

"What? Don't you need to go for work?" She whispers.

"Yeah, but I can be late once in a while, can't I? I have been punctual for as long as I can remember. I do deserve some exceptions." He says in his deep voice, which sounds even deeper due to the sleepiness. A genuine smile creeps up his face for the first time, lighting up his intense grey eyes as well, as he looks at her and the sight takes her breath away.

"Yes, you do." She says smiling as she ruffles his hairs. Which makes him snuggle his head more into her neck.

As his body relaxes her eyes furrow. Today she is going to learn some more truths about this man. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath in anticipation.

¤¤¤¤¤

"You ready?" Nihal calls from outside her room.

"Yes, you start the car, I am coming." She answers calming her nerves. It's a weird nervousness, something she has never felt before. What if he turns out to be as vile as she had expected at the beginning, what if he is a totally different human being out there? What if he is not a human to the others at all? The mere thoughts are making her break into a pool of sweats. However, through her entire life she has learned one thing : to never give up. This man has become so much more than that inhuman person she and her friends encountered at Ashray. Now is a moment when she is going through this weird dilemma where she needs to convince herself that her feelings are not being invested upon someone who can be a reason behind someone else's suffering. But the question remains, what if she actually finds him to be something close to being an inhuman? Will she be able to change her feelings? Is it already too late?

Standing infront of the mirror she looks at her reflection with an otherworldly determination in her eyes. Fixing her ponytail and flattening her palms over her pesta colored embroidered salwar suit, she releases a deep breath and gets out of the room.

"You look pretty as always." Nihal utters opening the door to the passenger's seat for her.

"Thank you, Nihal." She smiles and gets inside the car.
"How much time will it take for us to reach the D' Imperium?" She asks. Nihal turns his face to look at her, his face gives away nothing as he says,

"I am not taking you there Vasudha." He gulps as Vasudha looks at him with uncertainty.
"You wanted to see what he will be doing now, you wanted me to show you his true self. I promised you to show as much as possible. That's what I am doing now. The only condition is that you cannot utter a single word about it to him." He says.

"I won't." She assures.

The more they drive the more the road surprises her. The amount of trees and greenery amuses her. It has already been close to two hours when the car takes a sharp turn into the woods on the left hand side of the road. But she was yet to feel surprised when the car finally stopped infront this huge  building inside the wood. A building that looks quite modern and well managed. There is a huge gate that gets opened by two bulky men urgently the very moment they sees Nihal's face. The car keeps moving inside for another ten minutes when they finally arrive infront of the main entrance which is being guarded by way too many guards with weapons hanging from their shoulders.

"Let's go." Nihal utters, pulling her out of her trance. She immediately snaps back to reality as her heart starts beating faster. Nihal slowly goes to one of the guards whose face looks as stout and emotionless as it can be. He talks to the guard about some things as the guard looks at her from where he is standing. She closes the distance between them when the last words she gets to hear from the guard is,
"Nothing matters to us more than boss's safety sir, please be careful." Nihal nods and gestures her to take the huge stairs.

She starts following Nihal and the more she enters the place the more she realizes how huge this whole building is. Doors after doors are being crossed without a single clue as to what is there inside those. After walking for another two minutes they finally reach the elevators.

Nihal moves towards one particular one that looks secluded and smaller. They enter the elevator. After two floors they finally reach their destination. As the door opens her eyes widen in understanding. They are standing inside this huge room surrounded by glass walls. A room that's probably as vast as the whole floor. The room has nothing except for a huge mahogany table and a few comfortable wooden chairs with attached cushions around it. Not even a cupboard. The glass doors allow one to look around freely, but the thing is that you only get to see every huge room set in this neverending floor. This room has been built at the very centre. Probably due to keeping an eye on everything around. That is when it hits her, it has to be Danuj's chamber. She immediately turns her face towards Nihal.

"You have one hour Vasudha. Whatever you see here is the ultimate truth about him." He says looking around him.

"But won't anyone see me?" She asks.

"No, the glass allows you to see from inside, the people standing outside can neither see you, nor hear you." He answers.

"What if I have questions?" She asks.

"You ask me. I'll answer those if that's safe for both of us." Nihal says pulling a chair and sitting on it.

The huge room is built at the center, surrounding it stands seven huge halls. Three of which are empty apart from some huge and supposedly imported machineries and some guards. But when her eyes fall on the other rooms her heart almost leaps out of her body. Her eyes widen in surprise.

_________________________________________

If you like my story feel free to Vote, Comment, Follow and Share.

Love, Puja. 🤗