Chapter - 73

Liar.

He can't remember when was the last time he felt so furious and worried at the same time. She lied, all this time. But still he finds it impossible to believe that all those emotions he saw in her eyes, all the affection he received, were plain, simple acting. No. He is not a fool, he has seen it in her eyes, the untainted, unconditional love for him. Then what does she want? What is she upto?

He has no control over the increased speed of his car. As if he is not the one driving it anymore. He didn't bother wearing the black mask, he has a better plan. His grey eyes fall on the silver mask lying on the seat next to his. His bloodshot eyes remain fixed on the road ahead. And suddenly, he feels relaxed. An unknown jolt of confidence hits him from inside and weirdly he knows why.

He is going to get his girl back, easy.

¤¤¤¤¤

Yes, Ekansh decided to fire this scumbag who keeps calling him every now and then. He already informed everyone not to disturb him today but seems like they have a death wish. As he disconnects the call his eyes fall on Vasudha, sitting on one of the many wooden benches, overlooking the lake. Her friends are wondering nearby. She, however, seems to be having some deep thoughts. Ekansh never liked honest people, they bore him to his core. There is no fun in being honest, it's the trickiest things that attract him the most. But here he is, stealing glances at a brutally honest woman, but there is more to her than meets the eyes. He is certain that she is hiding something. She doesn't lie but she also doesn't talk. She knows how to ignore particular conversations.

He walks to her and takes a seat right beside her and she visibly flinches. He knows she is yet to get used to his presence. But sometimes he thinks of other possibilities. Such as, how that man, Danuj D' didn't make any advances towards her? He finds it impossible to control his instincts around this woman. She spent so many days there, under his control, if he didn't have any attraction towards her then why would he keep her captive, just because she hurt his ego? Isn't it too unimportant of a reason for a man like him? But also, none of his men were attacked within these past few days, that can only mean he had no attraction towards her. He would've tried to do something. However, good for him that he didn't.

"You flinched, again. Do I scare you?" He asks, looking at her.

"Scared? To be honest I haven't been scared for a long while, there are very few things that scare me. Sometimes I get startled, yes, that's that." She says looking down at the lake. Ekansh looks at her, curiously.

"You know, you are different. A lot more different than the people I met before. There's something in you that keeps pulling me towards you." He inches closer and she visibly stiffens.

"I know you still don't feel comfortable around me, but, but I am failing to stop myself here. What is it? What is it that makes you so unreachable although you are sitting right beside me? What? What are you hiding inside that pretty head of yours? You intrigue me Vasudha, your coldness, your reluctance towards me is making me insane. Talk to me, look at me, give me some of your precious attention. I may lose this weird attraction then. Who knows." He keeps on talking, successfully drawing her attention towards him. She looks at his face and something weird starts happening inside her. As if someone is forcefully breaking into her property while her hands are tied behind her. She feels nauseous. But her face remains same as before, cold and expressionless.

"But again, looking at these eyes, that show me no emotions at all, I know nothing can make me lose this attraction towards you. I like you Vasudha. I would like to spend the rest of my life with you. Even if you show me no emotion, no affection." He keeps on saying and his cell phone keeps on vibrating. But he is so into hearing Vasudha's response that he doesn't even bother receiving it.