Chapter 16

Shane's POV

I am currently monitoring my warrior's training session. I have to admit they've improved over the week considering I let Lydia be the only one to train them. Usually I train with her but since Zhavi closed her eyes, I couldn't do anything but bury myself into my office work.

"Alpha, they have been making sure to train everyday in the morning and afternoon to make sure there is no repeat of what happened that night." Lydia informs me as she comes to stand by my side.

"I can see." I reply to her keeping my eyes on the arena.

"I hope I'm not overstepping, but I would like to know how you're holding up." She says, her voice now sounds softer.

I move my eyes from the arena to her, my feelings are neutral now, I don't know whether her question irritates me or I'm happy she's concerned.

"She woke up today but we're not on best terms. I'd rather not dwell on it."

"She woke up?" She beams at that. I leave her with her excitement and she calls Raven too. I guess they missed her, of course they did.

I so foolishly almost hurt my mate because I needed someone to blame. I'm completely aware that Zhavi wants to get on my good side and show me how much she cares for me. The problem with that is she is willing to risk her life doing it, I already fear what's coming with Zaralena. I do not want to think about a damn venom in her system.

I didn't miss the fear I saw in her eyes when my wolf resurfaced. I know Zhavi and I never thought she would show fear. That day when those hunters tried to attack me, her expressions were showing anything but fear. Her heart rate was normal but at the same time she was analysing the moves of the people behind her "hunter friends" more than mine or Holden's. I've been thinking about that a lot and I came to a conclusion that she was trying to protect me from them.

"Zhavi's eyes changed to a lighter shade of ocean blue and she was making sounds of pain for almost three minutes." Christian mindlinks me while I'm busy lost in my head.

"Is she okay now?" I can feel the panic rising to my chest. This could only mean one thing...

"She's fine, surprisingly she smiled but something is definitely not right." We need to go see Holden right away.

I don't want to flood my mate's mind so I decide it's better if I talked things through with her before I drop this huge bomb tomorrow when we go see Holden. I don't want him here, most of my wolves were very nervous to have the Vampire King here.

* * *

The rest of the day goes by as fast as I admit I wanted. I need to speak to my mate. My bedroom is currently being renovated again since me and Christian crashed it. I admire how Christian doesn't mind me using him as a doll to let out all of my anger but I know it's not right. My mother doesn't know because I wouldn't hear the end of it.

I head to a room on my floor that is furthest from my original bedroom.

The last floor is only for me and my mate, only a few people come there and even so, my family stays on the 6th floor below mine. They understand, my mate and I need our privacy.

I don't pass by the kitchen because my wolf will want to go to his mate and drag her up with us. I still need a bath before I go to my mate so I take the long route.

As soon as I finished my shower, I mindlinked Christian to ask if she knows where Zhavi is, he told me he was on border patrol so no. I mindlinked Lydia instead and she told me they were watching some movie in the screening room.

I started walking to the elevator and for some reason I couldn't help but get nervous. As soon as I'm on the second floor my wolf starts to feel excited. That intoxicating Vanilla and winter breeze scent invades my nostrils. My legs involuntary start walking fast. I need my mate..