Chapter 19

"Thanos is approaching Asgard, my queen."

He felt the dread knot in his stomach when Hemidall had uttered these words after one day from his welcoming party. The words kept repeating through Loki's head like a mantra.

Why had Thanos changed his destination to Asgard? It is not like he wanted Midgard to be attacked, but Strange had informed them that the attacks were on Midgard-

What if Thanos will attack Asgard and Midgard at the same time?- the thought made Loki panic even more.

So, the queen had assembled a meeting immediately after Hemidall had informed them of the dreadful news. And there will be another meeting in Alfheim with rulers of other realms, his uncle Freyr's messenger has informed them that the frost giants agreed to attend the meeting and fight alongside them if the Asgardians fulfil their promises which is giving them the Casket of Ancient Winters, Loki didn't know when Thor and his mother agreed on this, but something in his heart tells him that this is the right thing to do.

"I bet not all of the frost giants are terrible," Tony had told him before. "There are good and bad in every race, Lokes."

Loki made his way to the throne hall with Thor on his side, they were supposed to assemble in - only a few people will attend the meeting; him, Thor, Frigga, Heimdall and Tyr; as he was Asgardians' general, but something ( or rather someone) made him hatle in his steps before entering the throne room-

Odin was sitting on the throne, looking tired and the sorrow was all over his face as he locked his gaze with Loki's.

Loki started a few moments too long, his heart wrenching, his stomach churning, swallowing back the lump of something painful in his throat.

"Brother, I swear I didn't know-" Thor said as his gaze settled on Odin then on Loki, but Loki shook his head and released the shaky breath he was unaware he was holding in.

"It is fine, Thor," Loki tried to smile, but it came out as a grimace.

"No, it is not." A scowl formed on Thor's face. "What is he doing here?!" he continued as he made his way inside the throne hall.

"Thor-" Thor glared at Odin even more at the sound of his voice- how dare he show in front of them after what he had done to his brother.

A flash of his brother's state at the prison and what Odin had done to him flashed in his mind and Thor's glared deepened as if he was glaring daggers at his father-

Their father was supposed to protect Loki and tried him equally as his brother. How could Thor be so blind? How could he not see what his brother was dealing with before?

But Loki always smiled at him, saying that he was fine and hiding his pain, so no one could see it.

"He is the former king of Asgard, his wisdom and knowledge of Thanos shall benefit us in the upcoming war," Tyr said in the silence of the room. His voice was strong and powerful, then he said in a more quiet and soft voice (it was something not described before as the general voice.) "I am sorry, my prince." He was looking at Loki, a sorrowful expression on his face.

Loki shook his head as if it was nothing - Straighten your shoulder and keep your head held high, act like you don't care. - he reminded himself.

Loki entered the throne room, refusing to meet Odin's eye that he knew it was looking at him. So, he did the only thing that could make him relax - he looked at his mother to find her looking at him with a prideful look on her face -She was proud of him for taking this step. And she smiled encouragingly at him which made him not look at her and he felt himself relax, his mother is here.