Prologue

Loki was falling into darkness after the rainbow bridge collapsed. He closed his eyes and tears started to fall down his face as all the events that happened came crashing down on him. Loki closed his mouth, trying to hold back the screams and the sobs that rose up in his throat but they got through anyway in the form of tears.The darkness that was around was so suffocating. He closed his eyes to try to forget everything but images started to form and it made his heart break. He remembered when he was sitting on Frigga's lap and she was telling him a story.

"Amma, I am scared." he felt like a small child again when he whispered in the darkness of the void. He wanted her to hug and soothe him, telling him it is just a nightmare. Nothing happened. "I am sorry, I am sorry. "

The images of him and Thor playing together and chasing each other.

"You won't catch me, brother. " He said, giggling, his eyes littered with mischief as Thor ran after him.

"You are the best brother in the whole nine realms. " Thor had said to him but -

He didn't know that he is the monster parents tell their children about at night.

"I will hunt the monsters down and slay them all. "

Did Thor now see him as nothing but a monster?

But Loki was really a monster, Odin had told them stories about the monsters that lurked under the bed or in shadows. He laughed bitterly, the sound of his laughter was unfamiliar to him, now he knew why he was not accepted by the Asgardian people.

He was not even accepted by the frost giants, left to suffer and die alone.

Loki wanted to die and he was sure that no one would remember him, well except Frigga, he knew that she was the only one that loved him, but he was nothing, the bitter prince, the jealous brother. A monster.

He felt something pulling him from the void and he found himself in barren land with a dark sky, littered with stars.

Even death doesn't want him.

"What do we have here? " he heard a sickly voice saying, amusement dripping from it.

Loki didn't have the power to move or defend himself, he just stared at the cloaked creature in front of him, the way his mouth was pulled in an ugly smirk and his yellow eyes were studying him.

"Please, kill me," Loki whispered but he was not sure the creature heard him.

"You must be truly powerful to survive in the void. " the creature said as it eyed Loki.

Panic billowed up inside; he felt like he stopped breathing and he could feel the way his heart was pounding in his chest.

"Bring him to Lord Thanos. He would be pleased by what we have found. " the creature said and Loki could feel the arms that hauled him up roughly, there were two other creatures with the cloaked being that he didn't notice before, he tried to fight their grasp, to summon his magic but it was to no avail.

*****
"Kneel. " one of the creatures that were holding him hissed, kicking his knees harshly making him stumble.

Fear coursed through Loki's body as he gazed at the greyish-purple skinned creature as he descended from his throne.

"Interesting. " the creature said with a glint in his reddish eyes as he was looking at Loki's clothing. "What an Asgardian is doing here? "

But Loki bowed his head because he knew that there was no way out of this, his magic was drained and the fighting had left his body as he waited for his fate.

He felt a hand lifting his chin, so he could gaze at the creature. "I would be delighted to know everything about you. " he said and then looked at the cloaked creature. "The other, bring me the stone. "

*******

All he felt was pain - pain coursing through his mind as the stone was used on it. He felt bare and vulnerable, all of his secrets were laid out in front Thanos.

The Mad Titan.

Death doesn't want him, it was because of his bad luck that he was found by the Mad Titan, the destroyer of the worlds. He has read about him before and how his (- not his) grandfather Bor and all of the realms defeated him. He wanted to laugh but he felt empty. No sound came from him except his screams and whimpers.

The way Thanos looked at him when he knew that he was an Odinson and also Laufeyson, it was as if all of his problems would be solved.

"Brother, I need you," Loki had screamed in the silence of the night. "I am sorry, I promise I will be good. "

But Thor didn't come, he left him to rot in the dungeons of sanctuary.

"You promised you would protect me, Thor. " he whined, he needed his brother.

"I will hunt the monsters down and slay them all. "

- 'of course he wouldn't come to save the monster,' the sickly voice said inside his head. 'He was the one who pushed you from the edge of the bridge.'

And Loki believed the voice because he couldn't remember anything, Thor and Odin wanted to get rid of him.

He gave up calling for his false family, he was alone, unlovable and suffering was the only thing he knew in his life.

**************
"He is ready, my Lord. '' Loki could feel the Other's voice but it sounded so far away, his mind was in a daze and he could only grasp some of the words that were exchanged from Lord Thanos and his servant.

"Bring me the Tesseract on Terra and you would be given Terra to rule it. " Thanos said to him.

"Yes, my Lord. " he replied in a monotone, looking at Thanos with glassy blue eyes. "You are made to be a king, Loki. " Thanos said softly, his lips stretched in a small smile.

And Loki believed him because it was his birthright, but there was thought nagging at the back of his mind -

Thanos must not obtain the Space Stone because he would be able to gather the other infinity stones.

***************

Loki was given the Scepter with a blue gem which acted as a powerful weapon, and also as a mind-control device. The mind Stone. And army of the Chituari, mindless beasts that follow Thanos blindly.

There was one thought in his mind that he was able to conceal it from the Other and Thanos -

He must fail in his own invasion.

He controlled Hawkeye (to help gather information about the heroes of Midgard to make them a forbidden force to defeat Thanos) and Dr. Selvig(to open the portal but Loki gave him wrong calculations about its size, so not the whole Chitauri army could pass.)

His plan has worked because at the end, he was defeated by the avengers. He looked at the faces of the avengers while they were waiting for Heimdall to send him and Thor to Asgard, he noticed the Captain was looking at him with a frown on his face and Loki raised his eyebrow at him, making the Captain shift in his place.

The way the Captain was looking at him made his mind run with possibilities but he couldn't find any answer to this strange look.

But Loki didn't know that Steve Rogers had noticed the change of his eyes' colours when the Hulk pounded his body on the floor -

From pale blue Colour blazing with madness to tired, dull emerald eyes.