Chapter 2

Steve couldn't keep his balance when they arrived at Asgard and he was embarrassed when Thor held him to prevent him from stumbling. "Uh- thanks, Thor. " he said after regaining his balance and then he was gawking at the scene in front of him because -

Asgard is beautiful and Steve wanted to bring his sketch and draw everything in it.

But Steve was pulled from his thoughts as he was staring at his surroundings by a deep voice that made him startle.

"Welcome home, my prince. " the deep voice said, gaining his attention -(and really, Steve? How you didn't notice him? He scolded himself for being distracted-)because the man was standing next to him; a dark -skinned man with golden eyes. "You are the first Midgardian to put his foot on Asgard. Welcome, Steve Grant Rogers. "

He shifted nervously as the golden eyes looked at him as if seeing something no one can see.

"Heimdall. " Thor said before Steve could reply. "There is no time for this. The captain is saying that something has happened to my brother. "

The man's face was pulled into a sorrowful expression. "I am deeply sorry for what happened to Prince Loki. " the man said.

Thor could hear his heart beats rapidly in his chest and he could feel himself couldn't breathe, many scenarios ran in his mind and there is one stood out but it couldn't be true -

No, It couldn't - "What are you saying, Heimdall? " Thor pleaded, his voice cracked at the end. He wanted the gatekeeper to say something else, anything instead of Loki being dead.

And Steve couldn't take it anymore because Loki might be innocent. "Is Loki dead? " uncertainty laced in his voice.

Hemidall's eyes widened. "No, but the king - " he doesn't know if he wants to acknowledge Odin as his king anymore. "The queen is waiting for you, Thor. '' he said softly, as if Thor was a glass that could be shattered into pieces.

"Thor? " said a voice behind them and when Thor looked with his blurred vision at the source of the sound, he found his old friends; Hogun and Fandral with their horses and another two horses for him and Steve. He didn't notice their arrival, he was lost in his thoughts. "The queen ordered us to bring you to the palace urgently. "

And Thor could read his face's expression, there is something wrong happened -

Something wrong happened to his little brother.

With a heavy heart, he mounted on his horse and Steve did the same.

"I hope everything will be alright. " Steve tried to assure him but Thor gave him a small broken smile, his eyes shining with unshed tears.

The way to the palace was silent, except for the sound of the storm that was about to begin. Thor's companions looked at him but he ignored them. He tried to keep his anger at bay, and he felt the unshed tears start to fall, angry tears that burned his eyes.

If Loki died, he knows in his rage he would blindly kill anyone in his way, anyone responsible for this. Even Odin. Because Loki is his little brother, it doesn't matter if he is not his brother by blood, he is but by his heart and soul. Loki is not only his brother, he is his best friend, One of the three people in the entire realms that Thor would gladly do anything for.

"I will always protect you, brother. " his younger self has assured his brother. "I would never leave you alone. "

"Promise? " Loki had asked hesitantly and Thor didn't know then why his brother was doubting his words. "You would never leave me? "

"Yes, I promise. " and held out his pinky; a silly gesture they saw on Midgard between two children.

His brother let out a giggle and held Thor's pinky with his. "Me too, I assure you brother, I would never leave you alone. "