Chapter 8

When Natasha had returned from her mission to S.H.I.E.L.D. facility, she could feel the tension in the room where Clint and Fury were in. And the way Clint's face showed many emotions (—It was so easy to read all his emotions by just looking at his face. He tried to hide it, but Natasha was able to read them.) 

Betrayal, fear and absolute terror were written on his face. 

And she felt concerned about her teammate because she had never seen him like this since the invasion of Newyork. 

Only the mention of Loki could make all these emotions appear. 

"Thor had brought that motherfucker back to Earth." Fury had said angrily and he felt helpless because he wouldn't be able to do anything. 

Tony fucking Stark has threatened to spill every S.H.I.E.L.D's deep secrets, and the way Captain America was overprotective of S.H.I.E.L.D's most wanted criminal. 

And don't forget about Thor, Fury doesn't want to enter into a war with Asgard by harming its prince. 

It was impossible to put the asshole in a cell. And on top of that, he was a fucking child with no memories of what he had done. 

Fury was, well, furious. 

"And they are saying that there is someone else behind his attack." Clint said, calmly, but Natasha could hear the tremor in his voice. Many nights went without a hint of sleep, filled with exhaustion and the waiting for an attack or anything bad that might happen. 

That's why Natasha had returned back to the tower after Thor departure, to asses the situation in her own view—

Because what if Loki was trapped in his small body, but faking it? 

They still can't believe that Odin is the one who returned him to his younger self.

The first time she went to the tower, Loki never left Steve or Tony's side, he was looking at her as if she would beat him. She observed his every move, reporting everything to Fury. 

"So, the motherfucker is still acting?" Fury had said to her. He was enraged because he was sure that Loki was up to something. 

"No, I am sure this is not an act." (—because Loki was showing his vulnerable side in front of them. All of his childhood secrets were bared to them. "And he doesn't have any memories about anything, Director Fury."

********

"— and then I transformed back into myself." She could hear Loki talking excitedly as she approached the common room one day. "And said Ha! It is me." He giggled which made the other person laugh. He was probably Steve and she was right. 

Steve and Loki were sitting on the couch, a sketchbook in Steve's hands and he was drawing Loki who tried to not move while he was telling Steve about what happened. It probably has something to do with Thor. 

"Thor was angry at me for tricking him," Loki pouted. "But Amma told me that he didn't tell the — father." It was Loki's little slips that made her feel as if Loki was like her in their childhood. 

Treated as if they were tools, not human beings, but like monsters. She shudders every time she remembers what they were doing to her in the red room. 

"Dreykov and his network of Widows. He takes more every day. Children who don’t have anyone to protect them. Just like us when we were small. Maybe one in twenty survives the training, becomes a Widow. The rest, he kills. To him, we are just things. Weapons with no face that he can just throw away." Yelena had told her and together they would destroy Dreykov and his organization, but they are still planning how they will do it.