Chapter 11

It was infuriating to watch the Terran for the past four days, the Other wanted to attack as soon as possible, but the Terran was taking his time in preparing his army, they still had to travel all the way to Newyork— probably killing anyone who could get in their way. And what was most irritating is that the Terran thinks of himself as if he was more superior than him. 

Speaking of the Terran himself, he was sitting in what he calls his throne room. He was dressed in green tunic, a cape and hood, with metallic limbs and face that is actually his armor,  but what the Other didn't know is that the armor is a nuclear-powered, computer-assisted battle suit. It was magically forged at a monastery in Tibet, and further enhanced via technological means over the years. And after the Other saw him without his armour once, he couldn't let him see him like that again. Because Victor Von Doom, known as Dr. Doom among his allies and enemies, didn't want to appear weak in front of him; he felt somehow more safe in his armour. 

"Tell me, creature. what will you gain from all of this?" Doom asked, his gaze on the Other. He was looking at him as if he was one of the lowest creatures, he must know that Doom is the one who is in control. Besides, the Other hadn't told him what his purpose was from this attack. 

Did he want more power like what Doom craves? The mortal thought.

The Other scowled at him, but maybe telling his purpose would make the Terran believe him. "I will bring the Asgardian pet to my lord."

Doom didn't say anything at first, but then he laughed because of how this foolish creature could capture the God of Thunder? 

"And pray to tell me, how are you going to catch Thor?" Doom asked, amused about all of this. 

"Not Thor." The Other said. "It is his brother that we will take." The Other spat, as if speaking about Loki leaves a bad taste in his mouth. 

"Loki?" Doom seemed intrigued by the idea, but wasn't Loki supposed to be in Asgard? That's what Doom had heard, he was interested at first to attack if the avengers lose, but of course Loki lost the battle. "He is on Earth?" Doom asked. 

"Yes, my Lord sensed his presence on Terra — but there is something different about him." The Other said. "Lord Thanos said he has the mind of a child."

The mind of a child? Doom thought and then something clicked in his mind— a news he watched before. 

'Tony Stark's child appeared out of nowhere' 

And Doom's face broke into a smile, but it was an ugly one. A smile full of malice and the promise of something evil. 

"He is residing in Stark's tower. " Doom said and maybe he could put his hands on Stark's technology or on something better, the power of a God— Loki's magic. "You promised me the Adamantium metal, but I want Loki to explore his powers and then he would be all yours."

"You—" the Other said angrily, but he didn't continue because Doom interrupted him. 

"These are my conditions to help you, creature."

And the Other didn't have any choice except to accept because he can't defeat the avengers on his own.

"But we have to attack as soon as possible, Terran. And know your place in how you speak to me." The Other sneered and left before Doom replied, but it doesn't matter because—

Doom was satisfied to know that he would have more power at his disposal. 

*********