six

CHAPTER SIX;big books, shy looks

CHAPTER SIX;
big books, shy looks

"TELL ME YOU'RE LYING!"

"I wish I was, Aki." Amala mumbled as she brought her drink to her mouth.

"He was actually in your house? No- in your room?" Akira says in a shocked whisper, her eyes wide.

Amala does nothing but nod.

It has been thirteen days since she was face-to-face with the city's blazing hero and she was just finally telling her best friend.

Initially, Amala debated even telling her at all. Why did she need to? Yes, the Spider-man was inches away from her and yes, she actually spoke to him but it's not that serious... right? To be frank, Amala didn't want to out him, in favor of respecting his privacy. Yet she also didn't want to keep things from her best friend. It's not like Akira wasn't trustworthy. Hell, her best friend was the most trusting person she knew. Through their three year friendship, (and counting) Akira had not once betrayed Amala or fished out her secrets. 

Yet she hesitated. Just a bit.

Eventually though, Amala settled on telling her about the encounter. No harm was going to come out of it, that she was sure of. Plus, she had been desperate to tell someone. It would only make sense if it was her best friend, right?

"There's just no way. The Spider-man almost broke into your room? And you took care of him?" Akira says dumbfounded. "When did this happen, again?"

"Two friday's ago." Amala says. Akira gives her a look of betrayal. "I know, I know. I'm sorry I didn't tell you but I just didn't know how!"

"What do you mean 'you didn't know how'?" Akira replies. "All you had to do was say: hey, Akira! Guess what? Spider-man almost smashed my balcony door and I let him in and helped him because he was hurt. I don't know, just thought I'd tell you since you're my best friend!"

"Akira! Please keep it down." Amala chastises. "I'm sorry! I really am." She adds apologetically.

Akira pulls her lips in a pout, swirling her drink together. "It's whatever," she shrugs. "I mean, I'm still kinda pissed at you but I get why you didn't tell me at first." She says, meeting Amala's eyes and smiling. "I'll let it slide just this once because I'm dying to know more details."

"Thank you, Aki."

"But," she adds. "Next time this happens, you tell me as soon as he leaves. Got it?"

"Of course," Amala says honestly. "I promise."

Akita's smile brightens. "Good. Now tell me everything."

REAL LIFE
HIGH SCHOOL
2 DAYS LATER 
9:05 a.m.