Chapter 2

Nicola Heights

3 February

I stared at the cup of coffee in front of me as I tried recalling my dating history for the last five years. Colwen and I were in a coffee shop, it was just about an hour before work.

I had ordered a cup of coffee while Colwen was drinking one he had brought from home with some cookies he had ordered.

He never ordered coffee in a restaurant or anywhere, he always insisted I made him coffee. Apparently, to him, it tasted different which I found to be a complete lie.

"I think I need to move out, " I said breaking the silence. Colwen choked on his coffee and then spat it back into the cup

"I'm sorry what," Colwen said. He folded his newspaper to the side, giving me his full attention.

"I've been doing some thinking and I've come to the conclusion that you are the reason I don't have a boyfriend," I answered.

"That is absolute nonsense, you are just trying to blame me for your bad taste in men." He said defensive.

"No, I'm just beginning to see a pattern. Every time a guy tries to get close to me, you always find a way to chase them away." I answered.

"I don't chase anyone away. Besides, two days ago was a coincidence. I just wanted to get some fresh air when the two of you appeared" He answered.

"Half-naked?" I stated.

Eden Still hasn't texted back, I'm not too sure I blame him

"It is not as if I was fully naked. Besides, it's not my fault they feel threatened by me." He stated.

"This is why I need to move out. You act like a big baby." I spoke.

"I am not a baby; I can perfectly take care of myself." He answered.

I raised my eyebrow. "Try and live without texting me for just one hour. You can't even have coffee without me or eat, apparently. "I said defensively.

"That is all your fault, you made me too depended on your presence." He spoke.

Talking to him was useless, this was not the first time we were having this conversation.

"Besides, if you leave. I'll just text you till you come back." He joked.

I shook my head at him.

"One day it's not going to stay like this. You'll have to learn to be without me." I stated.

"We'll see," he answered.

He returned his attention to the newspaper he had been reading.

I then carried on drinking my coffee and ate the chocolate cake I had ordered. Colwen ended up eating most of my cake anyways.

"What are you doing for Valentine's Day?" I asked Colwen out of the blue.

"Are you asking me out?" He raised an eyebrow.

"No, silly. I just want to know." I said."

"What if I just want to spend time with you?" He asked.

I had never seen him out this serious. I can tell he was in the mood to joke around today.

"It's fine, I already know the answer," I said.

Colwen had a lengthy list of female 'friends', each one more desperate than the other.

He was never intimate with any of them. He just loved to play around with their feelings.
My guess was that he was probably going to be with one of them, maybe all of them.