Epilogue

Nicola Heights

31 July

It took exactly two hours for my parents and Colwen's to figure out we were dating once we had made it official. It has felt like a roller coaster ride ever since.

Right now, I was busy taking some deep breaths in a wedding dress that felt too tight on me. I was about to get married in less than two hours.

Three months later, on May 26, Colwen proposed. As soon as my parents found out, they booked the next flight and returned home. Colwen and I weren't in a big hurry to get married and had planned for a date in late December, giving us enough time to plan our perfect wedding. We'd probably have our wedding in a country that is warm around that time.

Turns out Sandra and my mother already had Pinterest boards planned for our wedding, and with four people ganging up on you and acting like it's their wedding, it's hard to voice your opinions which is what lead me into a church wedding instead of a beach wedding and a dress I felt completely uncomfortable in.

I could remember the argument I had with my mom.

"No one is going to look at those wedding photos and think, she looked so comfortable. As long as you look amazing." She argued.

Everything was gorgeous but it wasn't what we wanted.

Our wedding has moved ahead because considering Colwen and I still live together, my mother did a whole speech about how she didn't want any grandchildren born out of wedlock.

"Are you okay honey?" My mom asked.

"Yes," I answered. "

"Brides are always anxious on their wedding day," Sandra said pacing the room. "I can't believe you are about to officially become my daughter," She exclaimed.

Turns out Colwen and I wasn't the only ones who needed to recognize our feelings for each other. His parents are officially back together. The last I heard was that Natalie was now with someone even older.

I really needed to breathe; I couldn't stand the sight of everyone pacing around me. I collected my dress and locked myself in the bathroom. Why was I so anxious? I was getting married to the love of my life.

Minutes later, I heard the sound of stones hitting against the window seal. I opened the window to check what was going on.

I was shocked to see Colwen there, already dressed in his fully dressed in his attire.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. "Don't you know it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding?"

Firstly, you look gorgeous, secondly, neither of us believes in any of that, "He said.

"So, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Let's just run away together and get married, just the two of us, we could have a small wedding by the beach." He spoke.

"Sounds tempting, but you know we can't just do that," I spoke.

"Why not? This is not what either of us wanted. We could have the wedding our dreams." He spoke.

Just with those words, I was sold.

"Wait a moment," I whispered to him.

I searched the bathroom for the dress I was going to wear for the reception, that one was more my style, it was a heart-shaped, tight-fitting, knee-length dress. I struggled to open the zipper to the dress.

With all the weight I had been gaining despite my mom's insistence I started dieting. Realization hit, that would explain my occasion nausea and why I was becoming more irritable with certain food. So much to my mother for not wanting a grandchild born out of wedlock.

In fifteen minutes, I was fully dressed. That's when I heard the knock on the door. Our parents were going to kill us for doing this.

I opened the window and jumped out, landing in Colwen's arms. Like the ending of any perfect love story, we drove off into the sunset. No matter how crazy life seemed, I was glad that I was doing it with him.

THE END