Chapter 4

Nicola Heights

10 February

I decided to talk Sandra's advice, spend less time with Colwen.

I have to say, it had been working.

In the last five days, Dennis and I have been getting more serious. He is so sweet and charming; he makes me laugh and when I'm with him, I don't even think about Colwen.

Just yesterday, he surprised me with a trip for Valentine's Day.

Colwen and I have had our much-needed conversation. He decided to give me some space, he has even stopped texting me so much. I hadn't expected him to change this much.

Colwen seems to be one of Dennis' favourite topics to discuss. He doesn't mind that I live with him or that we are so close. Sometimes I feel like he is more interested in Colwen than in me.

Colwen however, hasn't shown any interest in meeting nor talking about Dennis. This is a good thing; something usually goes wrong when Colwen meets one of my boyfriends.

A message popped up on my phone. It was Dennis asking me out to dinner.

Our relationship is still in its fine stage, it is new and exciting. Sometimes I think that things are moving too fast. It's like we move to a new stage every day and I've barely had time to actually think about how I felt about him.

Maybe it was because something was going good for one and I couldn't believe it.

I sat back in my chair wondering how Colwen would feel about this.

He has always voiced his opinions on every one of my relationships, for most of them, he was always right.

I've grown so dependent on him that I feel like I need his approval for almost anything.

Maybe it was time for him to meet Dennis, with this new and improved version of him, I'm sure he wouldn't do anything to some scare him away.

'How about a double date?' I texted Dennis.

Colwen would agree to come, he couldn't say no to me.

'Sure thing,' Dennis replied.

I left my office chair, I walked into Colwen's office.

He looked busy, furiously typing on his keyboard.

"Colwen, my sweet, sweet, wonderful, caring generous friend. " I said.

He looked up staring at me confused.

"If you want a day off or to borrow my car you are not getting any of that," Colwen answered.

"No, I don't want that," I answered.

He knew it when I wanted something.

"Well..." he said. "You can use my credit card. You already know the pin." He spoke.

"I can't believe you think that I only want something from you," I said.

"Well, what is it?" He asked.

I now had his full attention.

"I don't want anything from you, "I said taking a seat.

"Too bad, two minutes ago I was in a would have given you anything including my car and a week off, "he said.

"Really?" I asked.

"It's too late now." He answered. He kept staring at me, waiting for me to speak.

"Well," I began. "Dennis and I are going on a date, I'd like for you to join us, you could bring someone along.