ㅡ『9』

┍━━━━━✿━━━━━┑
Chapter 9
Rochester Gala
┕━━━━━✿━━━━━┙

     TODAY WAS THE DAY of the Gala. People were buzzing around, clearly excited for the nearing time of the event. Some were ecstatic, and some were disappointed to not receive an invite.

     Sebastian couldn't care less about the stupid event. Why would he even join? Rosalie was supposed to be his date, and now, he hasn't seen her in a few days. What's there to look forward to?

     "You should go" A familiar voice spoke, interrupting his debating thoughts.

     "And you should stop reading my mind." The raven-haired vampire snarked. "What is it now? Came to criticize me for second-guessing the party?"

     "I want to apologize Sebastian" Edward replied, "I did not mean the words that I told you the other day."

     The latter only cocked an eyebrow to the bronze-haired vampire. To say that Sebastian was slightly amused was an understatement. Edward never admits his mistake. He never apologizes, and he always find something to blame if it's pointed at him. So yes, this is new.

     "I admit that I stepped out of line the last time that we spoke." He mumbled as he found his shoes more interesting than looking at the person he's talking to. "I truly am sorry."

     "May I ask why did you lose your temper?" Sebastian asked, "We were having a nice conversation before it turned into a disaster."

     "You know that we care about you a lot. You are like a brother to me." Edward admitted, "I even trust you more than Esme and Carlisle..."

     "I would say that you're being quite unfair  to them." The raven-haired vampire teased

     "Listen Sebastian, We've seen you look around for your mate. Hell I thought that you would've explored the whole world just to find her. After you stopped, she walked in on your life." Edward elaborated, "Only to be proven that the both of you are an impossible pair. She will cause you pain."

     That explains the whole ordeal about the other day. Although the vampire didn't like how Edward showed that he cares about him, he appreciated the mere thought of caring for his well-being.

     "I know that she will... but other than that, she brings me happiness, she gives affection that a partner could give, and I adore her." Sebastian reasoned, "She grants so much more along with that pain."

     Edward only replied in silence, unsure of what he could say. They tried to discourage the man to stop pursuing the impossible relationship, only to prove that their persuasion was futile as he stands for his conviction.

     "I've set boundaries for myself. I will only stay if she wants me to. If she doesn't, I must obey her wishes." The vampire concluded, "Like you said, I'd like to save myself the heartache if that's possible. I won't linger around if there's no hope."

     The raven-haired vampire decided to go to the gala. After all he was already dressed to impress. Building connections is good for business I guess. But we all know who the main inspiration of going was.

"Then I can only wish you luck." Edward conceded, "Esme is livid because of her wall."

"You are going to pay for that by the way." Sebastian shrugged, pushing pass the brooding man. "It was your body that caused the damage."