ㅡ『21』

┍━━━━━✿━━━━━┑
Chapter 21
Secrets Revealed
┕━━━━━✿━━━━━┙

CONTRARY TO WHAT THE last chapter said, Edward knew it was Sebastian. It's hard not to hear him when he came back home, his rage-filled thoughts were more prominent than the others. But he didn't say anything, he didn't object.

Also, it's not hard to miss how the vampire's eyes shifted from golden to pitch black time to time. Everyone left the Donovan alone that night, as per Edward's warning. Except for Rosalie of course.

They knew better than to approach him in a furious state. Last time, the windows were shattered and Carlisle got thrown outside. Although he did deserve it.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Rosalie asked, entering the extra room. They haven't yet come to an agreement when it came to sharing one together.

"I don't think I'm in the right headspace for that right now." The raven-haired vampire replied, "Can I ask you an obviously ridiculous question?"

     Rosalie chuckled, nodding as a reply. "Shoot."

     "Can I hug you?" the blonde didn't hesitate to come close. Her scent engulfed his being as their bodies touched. His arms wrapped around her slender figure with the raven-haired's face buried on the crook of her neck.

Rose didn't complain, she could physically feel Sebastian's body relax as his shoulders dropped and a deep and heavy breath escaped his lips.

"I want to get to know you again." He started, almost a muffled like sentence. "Everything that changed and remained."

"Darling, we have an eternity."

~

Sebastian's POV

     The next morning, Rosalie insisted that we take her car. Although very classy, I still preferred my corvette. Just like the usual, students were swarming the parking lot and all eyes laid upon us. It was getting annoying, experiencing that every single day.

     But all of their eyes averted us when an orange run down truck passed, its loud engine mixing with the gossiping of students.

For some reason, Bella Swan was peculiar. Not only was she a newbie, she managed to catch the eye of a certain Cullen. It intrigues me what their story will be.

I don't have an idea what happened the night before when Edward took Bella home. Was it something bad? Or good? I'm assuming the second option, because when Bella stepped out of her truck, Edward's undivided attention was already directed to her.

"You guys go ahead." He informed us, still watching the pale brunette. Whatever he was up to, I knew it wasn't going to be good for the family. Still, I can't bring myself to interfere.

Just keep the rule. Don't tell the human.

The Swan kept walking straight, her gaze meeting Edward's, passing the entrance she headed for the woods behind the school. Expectedly, he followed.

"Let's go." Alice cheered, skipping her steps as we approached the entrance.

I didn't get to reply when Rosalie's arm was already wrapped around mine's. All of a sudden, I didn't care about Edward and his human. I felt contempt, something I didn't know that I was able to feel for all those years.