Chapter 2: Meeting Vivi

Alpha sighed, her face illuminated by the campfire in front of her.

It has been just over a week since she arrived in this world, and a few things have happened already. After abandoning the club, Blanche and her party wandered around the city for a while before setting up camp on an empty rooftop. Alpha didn't have any complaints though; the location was safe, and she was sort of used to living in the wild...

The crimson-haired girl got up from her seat, stretching her arms up. Sitting in one spot for so long without moving much made her legs tired.

"Hey, I'm gonna go for a walk." She announced, picking up her sword. "I'll be back in a bit."

Blanche hummed in acknowledgement. "Alright, be safe out there!"

Alpha walked down the staircase on the side of the building they were on, descending the metal steps until she reached street level. As she wandered the streets, her mind began to focus on a certain member of the Usagi family...

It was clear that something troubled Mily, and Alpha knew that. Mily always seemed sad or lost in her thoughts, and the bunny-girl would always dismiss it as 'just being tired' or some other excuse. Although she wasn't sure, Alpha presumed that something happened to her back in Usakage.

"Maybe I'll ask her when I get back..." The redhead muttered to herself.

"HELP! SOMEONE!"

A scream pulled her out of her thoughts and back into reality. Breaking into a sprint, Alpha followed the sound to a nearby alleyway.

"Hello?" She yelled, hoping for a response. "Anyone there?"

"HELP ME! PLEASE!" The voice pleaded, followed by screaming.

Alpha looked into the alleyway, and saw the source of the sound: A dark-brown haired girl being ganged up on by a group of shadow monsters. Beside her lay a crimson-bladed scythe, broken into two.

Without another word, Alpha lunged forwards and disappeared, slashing apart the shadows faster than the eye can see. As the monsters fell apart, the person she rescued looked on in awe.

"Hey," Alpha called, sheathing her sword and offering a hand to the girl. "You alright?"

The girl nodded, taking Alpha's arm and pulling herself back onto her feet. "Thanks for saving me!"

"Heh, no problem!" Alpha responded, "The name's Alpha, what's yours?"

"My name's Vivi." The girl responded, ponytail swishing behind her. "I was walking around when these monsters jumped me!"

"Yeah, it's not safe here at street level..." Alpha agreed, looking behind her cautiously. "Wanna join my friends and I? We've got a rooftop camp where it's safe from the monsters."

Vivi thought about it for a while before nodding in agreement. As they prepared to head back, Alpha noticed Vivi bending down to pick up the broken halves of her weapon.

The brunette sighed in disappointment. "Curse those monsters, I've had this scythe for 5 years!"

"I think one of my friends can fix it for you." Alpha reassured her, thinking of Omega; Bella's corrupted counterpart with the ability to hack reality.

Vivi's eyes lit up with hope. "Really? Like, can they actually fix it?"

Alpha shrugged. "Not sure, but it's worth a shot."

The redhead began heading back to camp, with Vivi eagerly following close by.

Meanwhile, Blanche was sitting around the campfire, her head on Bella's shoulder as she snoozed away. The gacha DJ was awoken by the sound of footsteps.

"Huh?" The blue-haired girl opened her eyes, lifting her head to see Alpha climbing up the stairs with an unfamiliar brunette.

"Hey Alpha, welcome back!" Blanche greeted, yawning as the rest of her brain began to function. "Who's the new girl?"

"Hey everyone, meet Vivi!" Alpha introduced their newcomer.

"Hi guys! It's nice meeting you all!" Vivi greeted, waving cheerfully

"Hello Vivi!" Blanche replied, "My name's Blanche! I'm the gacha DJ and the leader of this group!"

"Woah!" The brunette's eyes lit up with excitement, "You're a gacha DJ? That's so cool!"

"Ehehe..." Blanche chuckled sheepishly

"Anyway," Bella cleared her throat, "My name is Bella. I'm Blanche's good friend, and the person on my right is Corrupted Bella."

"Just call me Omega..." The corrupted fairy sighed.

As Vivi sat down next to Alpha, the rest of the group continued with their introductions.

"I'm Lado! I like fishies and cute animals!"

"I'm Yuni! Stay away from Lemo, she's mine!"

"I'm Lemo. Don't mind my idiot sister..."

"I'm Usalina!"

"I'm Mily..."

As Vivi got acquainted with the rest of the girls, Alpha walked over to Bella and Omega, the former lying down on the latter's lap.

"Hey Omega," Alpha requested, handing the corrupted fairy the broken halves of Vivi's scythe. "Are you able to repair this?"

Omega examined the pieces of the weapon, before nodding. She then summoned what looked to be console windows and a floating keypad. After typing in a string of commands, a crimson rectangle washed over the scythe, welding the two halves together.

"And it's done!" The fairy exclaimed, somewhat proud of herself. "Even the strongest of impacts won't break this thing!"

Alpha shared a high-five with Bella's corrupted counterpart, before returning to the campfire with the others.

"Here," Alpha handed Vivi her scythe, now repaired. "My friend fixed it for you."

"Aww, thanks!" Vivi cheered, before wrapping the redhead in a friendly hug. "You're the best!"

Alpha smiled. While it's only been a short while, she could tell that Vivi won't be just a valuable asset to their team, but also a good friend to talk to when anyone's feeling down.