Heart-to-heart

Alpha pinched the bridge of her nose, sighing. The gang was at their rooftop base-camp, throwing a little party "Just because we can", as Yuni put it. Aside from Alpha, everyone joined in on the fun.

Well, almost everyone. Alpha looked to her left towards Mily, the bunny-girl leaning against a handrail by herself. It was clear that something troubled the Usakage native, and Alpha wanted to ask her about it. Now seemed like a good time...

Walking over to Mily, Alpha approached the lonely girl.

"Hey, Mily?" The redhead called, her usual snarky personality replaced by a more caring side. "Mind if I talk to you in private?"

"Hm?" Mily turned her head towards Alpha, before turning back to look out towards the horizon. "Yeah, sure..."

Alpha led Mily down the stairs, into the building they were on top of, walking in silence. As they wandered the hallways of the now-abandoned condominium building, Alpha eventually found a room that looked comfortable.

Considering that it had been abandoned for a while, it actually looked quite nice, and Alpha wouldn't mind if they stayed there. As well as providing a safe and comfortable place to live, the apartment room also offered a pleasant view of the city skyline.

Opening the door, Alpha walked in and sat herself down on the living room sofa, gesturing for Mily to do the same. The bunny-girl did so, hopping on and scooching closer to the redhead.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Mily wondered.

Alpha let out another sigh. She was tired, with it being close to 11pm, but she was also worried for Mily's wellbeing.

"Mily," The crimson-eyed girl began, "Has anything been bothering you?"

The girl in question shook her head without hesitation.

"Are you sure?" Alpha asked again, "Because I've noticed that every time one of us mentions Usakage, you seem uncomfortable."

"It's nothing." Mily replied, a little firmer this time. "I'm fine."

Without another word, she got up from the sofa and walked over to the window, staring out at the city lights.

"Mily..." Alpha placed a hand on the girl's shoulder, a reassuring smile on her face. "You know you can tell me anything, right? It's just the two of us."

"Like I said, there's nothing to tell you!" Mily huffed, brushing Alpha's hand off her shoulder. "I'm fine, there's nothing wrong!"

"But Mily," Alpha reasoned, "I've noticed that you've been more disconnected and lonely as of late, and I just want to help, so can you please tell me what's wro-"

A loud 'WHACK' was heard as Mily slapped Alpha across the face as hard as she could. The usakage native was seething with anger, while Alpha rubbed her cheek in both pain and shock.

"I SAID THERE'S NOTHING WRONG!" Mily screamed, stomping her foot against the ground. "NOTHING HAPPENED TO ME, SO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND STOP ASKING!"

Mily let out a shaky breath, her composure beginning to fall apart. A sniffle escaped her as she stifled a sob, tears starting to leak from her eyes.

And then she broke.

Mily collapsed against the window, pounding her fist against the glass as she sobbed uncontrollably. Her anger and frustration was gone, replaced by heartbreak and regret over what she had just done. Tears streamed down her face, falling to the ground.

"I'm sorry!" Mily wailed, repeating the same two words over and over again.

For Alpha, hearing Mily cry drove a spear straight into her heart. Without saying anything, the redhead spun Mily around to face her, before pulling the girl into a loving embrace. Mily accepted the hug, clinging onto Alpha for dear life while bawling her eyes out.

"Shhh, it's okay..." Alpha gently rubbed Mily's back, the other girl shaking as she cried. "Let it all out, I'll be here with you."

That was all Mily needed to hear, sobbing hysterically into Alpha's shoulder until her cries died down into soft whimpers.

"Come on, let's have a seat shall we?" Alpha offered, sitting down on the sofa and patting the spot next to her. Mily quietly sat down, scooting close to the redhead.

"To tell you the truth, there's something bothering me..." Mily sighed, sniffling as she rubbed her nose.

"Ever since I left Usakage, I've been worried about my parents. I originally ran away to have more time to play games, but I thought they'd at least try and get me to come back. They've never said anything since then; no messages, no letters, nothing! I'm starting to think that they're dead, or worse, that they abandoned me and Usalina..."

Mily then gasped as Alpha wrapped her in another hug.

"Don't worry," Alpha reassured, "We're all here to help you!"

Mily smiled. "Thanks..."

Standing up from the sofa, Alpha walked to the front door.

"I'll go get the others," She announced, before walking out and shutting the door behind her. "I'll be back soon, okay?"

A few minutes later, the redhead walked back in with Blanche and Vivi, the three of them carrying the remaining club members over their shoulders.

"Oh my!" Mily exclaimed, alarmed by what she was seeing. "What happened to them?"

Vivi sighed tiredly. "Well... Yuni went out and got some booze while you and Alpha were away, and by the time Alpha got back half of the girls were already piss-drunk."

Alpha headed towards the bedroom with the other two sober girls. After setting the intoxicated ones down on the bed, the corrupted girl walked back into the living room and collapsed onto the sofa.

She let out a tired groan. Although they finally had a proper place to stay, dealing with a hungover Bella was not going to be a pleasant experience...