School Day.

~Chapter Two~

~ "School day" ~

I was mindlessly walking in the direction of U.A, and of course, the thoughts that plagued my mind started wandering back to after the accident, the day that made my life utterly distressing, I can still remember how everything escalated from the moment I got discharged from the hospital that very day of the deceased, walking out the doors is when his demeanor really changed..but... when we got home, what happened when the front door closed, what happened when he looked at me, the anger in his eyes, the utter disgust "pitiful" lied somewhere through the air. I snapped back into reality from feeling something wet rolling down my cheek only to realize my eyes were blurred, and water was rolling down my cheeks, tears, I concluded "damn, It happened again..pathetic..." I thought as I looked up only to see the big gate of U.A, then quickly wiping the tears from my face, all while making my stride longer as to quicken my pace altogether, suddenly very worried "I didn't realize I was taking so long just walking here, hopefully I'm not late" I thought as I strut through the doors making my way to class 1A.

I was walking the corridors of the all too well known, U.A. building, until I finally spot the door I'm looking for with the signature 1-A above it, and as my hand reaches for the handle I quickly pull out my phone to check the time, and upon seeing I'm 5 minutes late I shy my hand back to my side, nerves creeping up more into the rest of my body, shaking being the involuntary result, "I..might as well get the inevitable over with." I thought with a sigh, letting my hand wander to the door handle, grasping it firmly, and letting out one quick puff of air before pushing the door open, and, in-turn receiving stares from everybody present in the classroom, making my cup of nerves overflow from the sides as I force myself to do something, anything. So, as to wake myself up I bow, with a quietly mumbled "Sorry for being late, sir.." while squeezing my eyes shut, dreading what's to come next, "It's fine, Midoriya, you can go sit down." upon hearing his words I visibly relax and straighten myself out, and, for a reason unbeknownst to me, receive a look of concern, but I just brush it off and make my way to my seat as fast as I can while keeping my head down, and upon reaching said seat, I sit down and begin to listen to the lecture, though not forgetting the certain glances I received.

Though, about midway through the class Mr. Aizawa ended up stepping out for a reason undisclosed to us, which, on its own made my anxiety start to flare up, while Mr. Aizawa was outside I decided to just doodle in my journal 'till he got back, "Hey, Deku, do you have a moment?" Ururaka asked, which in result of,  made me flinch, jolting my head to look at her to see that she was right next to my desk "Oh, uh hey Ururaka, of course" I said nervously while closing in on myself in an attempt to make me seem as small and insignificant as possible, "I was just wondering why you were late..?" Ururaka asked with her brows furrowed and a frown resting on her face, so obvious..she was worried, which caused a huge hole of internalized panic, and some of which also being regret..I made her worry...but my other panicked thoughts were soon to take over "what do I say, what do I say, what do I SAY!" I mentally screamed at myself, unable to come up with a reliable lie. 

You see, I've never been the best at lying, okay, that's a bit of an understatement. I down right suck at it. I didn't realize I was spaced out until Ururaka hovered again "Deku..hello? are you still there? I'm sorry if it seems pressuring, but your my friend, and, it's just unlike you to be late, I just want to make sure your okay..." she gently spoke, swerving off at the end, her eyes not leaving my cheek for a minute..why would she...but having no time to think anything of it as I instinctively jumped from her shifting of a better position, snapping back into reality, "OH, uh..right. sorry, Ururaka, I was just, um, I um, I slept in..." I lied, by body quite evidently tense from feeling her eyes on me "oh.. okay.. well! if there's ever anythi-" before she could finish her sentence, the door to the classroom opened resulting in one more, deep, look of concern, before she inevitably scurried back to her seat without another word as to not get in trouble, I sighed In relief hoping that would be the end of that mental roller coaster. 

Though, it seemed my wishes were crushed  as my name was soon called upon "Midoriya, can you come outside for a minute." I tensed again at the sound of my name, and looked at Mr. Aizawa, eyes wide, stuck in my own world of worry, a little surprise even, this never happens, then he called on me again, "Midoriya?" I snapped out of it and hurried out of my seat and to the front coming face to face with Mr. Aizawa, "follow me, please." I did as told, everything just seemed to be getting worse and worse, I hated not knowing.. not knowing what he could want. "please..I'm fine.." I thought while following him in tow.

And, as we made it outside of the classroom, the door closed behind us, he began to speak "I was wondering, where did you get that big bruise on your cheek..?" As he said those words I froze where I stood, shaking from the worst as I instinctively brought my hand to my face, though immediately shrinking it back as I felt a wave of pain on my cheek, "O-oh, um, I uh, OH! I fell down the um, I fell..." I stuttered out as I began to shake "Mhm, It seems like a rather nasty bruise for it to come from a fall.." Aizawa commented "Ah well uh, I-'' I tried to say something, anything before Aizawa interrupted me "Midoriya, calm down, you're not in any trouble, but if anything else is wrong tell me, or another staff member, okay?" Aizawa said as he looked at me, concern evident in his features, and something else, though I can't pinpoint it. At this point I'm not able to register much of anything from my internal panic attack happening at the moment "don't cry.." I'd repeat over and over while I'd continue to say my words"O-of course Mr. Aizawa'' I stutter out in a rush, praying he'll leave it at that, "okay you may go back to your seat, and I'll be back soon.." he said before abruptly turning away and walking in the other direction "that was a close one.." I thought before letting out a deep sigh and making my way back into the classroom to my seat, sitting down and continuing to doodle while letting my mind wander wherever.

~~~~~~~

"You little shit, why did that woman have to leave me with a son like you!" Father said as he struck me in the stomach with his foot, kicking me to the floor, "I'm-I'm sorry, please just st-stop..." I coughed out in between sobs "Shut up you fucker! you're such a fucking cry baby" He said, words laced in venom, kicking me with each word he let out, all the while I lay there, quietly sobbing as he beat me senseless, spitting out cruel words with every individual strike.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Midoriya!" I hastily snapped out of my thoughts when my name was called, I turned my head to see that Mr. Aizawa was the one who called me, "huh..? When did he get back...?" I thought as I stared at him "ye-yes Mr.Aizawa..?" I said as I fiddled with my fingers, "You've been summoned to the counselor's office, please grab your things and head there now." Aizawa said as I started to get increasingly more anxious, "o-oh okay.." I stumbled over my words, trying to keep my fear down as I stood up and made my way out the door, and started my walk to the counselor's office thinking of all the possible reasons they could have called me there.

1412 Words