...The Man Once Trusted....

~Chapter Seven~

~..The Man Once Trusted...~

My small figure rested curled up on the squishy cushion of the sofa, the touch holding a sense of security, but my face held an uncomfortably dry feeling, the waterfalls that previously fell having long dried in a temporary resting spot on my puffed cheeks.

It wasn't long of my silent sniffles till my mother waltzed in the room with a gentleness reaching her voice "Izuku, sweety, what's the matter? are you okay?" Her voice never wavered, getting even more sweet if at all possible, calming, as she finished her journey to the couch and softly sat down next to me. I tried my best to hide my face from her line of sight, silencing myself from all and any words, not trusting my voice. Although such actions were quick to fall short as she reached and caressed my cheek, which inevitably received a jolt of my head in her direction, with puffy eyes and quivering lip, a gasp rang through the muted room in response to my pitiful action. such a mistake I mentally warned not to do.

I averted my eyes downwards, finding the ground ever so pleasant. My mom, in response to the view of my face, brought her hand to stroke my left, bruised cheek, the contiguity stung as I flinched from the contact. And, from the abject act, she spoke softly "izuku, hun can you please tell me what happened?" I wanted nothing more than to silence myself further, but, I could never find the deep will inside my soul to lie to my mom, or hide the truths, so, with a shaky sigh I mumbled "me and dad were playing and he got angry, he accidentally hit my face..."I trailed off at the end, and upon witnessing the shift in my mother expression I was quick to counter "bu- but it was an accident, he didn't mean to!"I squawked, and her eyes softened again.

"Of course my strong boy, I'll go get you some ice, okay?" her voice never losing its sickly sweet tone, as she continued on to get the ice pack, quick to return, and, just like that, she was gone and into another door. I knew I messed up from being such a sicked mouth, because, not soon after the confession, hushed yelling was spent throughout the rest of the evening, yelling caused by my actions...but-

~~~~~~~~~~

"We really did use to be a normal family" were my muffled thoughts of the indifferent memory, and soon, my mind took back control of my consciousness as my shoulder was being lightly brushed against, followed by the rough yet kind voice, it sounded familiar, yet also so distant. "Midoriya, wake up kiddo, your gonna be okay..Just...wake up for us okay, it's time to come home." it knows my name..wait....home. this voice...

And suddenly, my thoughts were very much aware of the situation as my eyes shot open, directly catching sight of the figure crouched beside me, hand outstretched. My mind urged into a sense of hopelessness, and abruptly a wave of nausea came crashing into me as I could feel the bile coursing up my throat, I was quick to lean over and let my acidic insides come spewing out of the black hole it previously resided in.

I could feel someone making soothing circles on my back, incoherent words leaving their mouth. Tears were soon to prick my eyes as I leaned over "Mister Aizawa...I'm sorry....." My voice stayed low and wavered with every word, and I was soon to sit up slouched with my head never looking up to eye the man..I could feel the constant shame tugging at my organs. I was scared...But....I......I was always scared.

I felt immense shame from my current predicament, I had no clue what to do and it utterly terrified me, though, my head finally rose when a hefty sigh emitted from beside me, my eyes drifting to where the man resides , finally taking in his disheveled appearance. His eyes held even heavier eye bags than normal, his hair was a mess as well as his hero uniform..he just...he looked like a wreck, though I hold no place to say who's the mess here with my current stature.