Daniel Ricciardo - Figure skating

This is a request. Also I have never watched figure skating at the Olympics so if I got any on the format incorrect, I'm sorry ❤️ anyways I hope you enjoy it.

~2018~

I can't believe it. "We did it!" My teammate, Tyler yells to me as the final scores are announced. We have won the bronze medal. "Yes!" I yell and we tackle each other in a hug. We have worked so hard for the last 10 years together, working towards competing in the Winter Olympics for figure skating let alone winning a medal. "In third place, Y/n and Tyler from Australia." The announcer calls over the speakers. Our coach congratulates us as we walk up to the podium to receive our medals.

As soon as the ceremony is over my phone buzzes in my pocket. "Hi mom!" I say excitedly. "My love we are so proud of you! This is incredible. I love you so much!" She says. "Thank you so much, mom. I love you too." I say and we talk more before my aunt steals the phone from her.

~2 months later~

"This is so exciting, I've never been to one of these races before." My best friend, Madison. "Yeah I can't wait." I reply as we walk up to the entrance to the paddock at the Melbourne grand prix. We scan our passes for the day, I was invited by Red Bull as they are one of my sponsors and was gladly able to bring a friend. "Thanks for winning that Bronze medal. Is really opened doors for me." She says. "Oh of course. All my hard work for years just for you." I say, rolling my eyes with a small smile. We enter the Red Bull hospitality center and we are instantly greeted by a staff member who is willing to show us around. "The drivers will be here in a few minutes and you can meet them." She says and Madison shoots me a sly look. She had been trying to pair me up with someone for the last two years. "Nope. Don't you dare." I say to her. "Oh I dare." She says with a smile.

Within a few minutes, the two drivers arrive. Daniel and Max walk out into the room and wave, greeting everyone. Daniels eyes lock with mine and he sends me a wink before lookin back towards max. "Ahhhhh was that a wink from Mr Ricciardo?" Madison whisper shouts. "Yes it was." I whisper back, keeping my eyes on Daniel. While Daniel was speaking to the people, his eyes were constantly flicking back to me.

After a few moments Daniel and Max work their way towards where we are sitting. "So what is a gorgeous woman like you doing at an F1 race?" Daniel asks cockily, as he walks up to me. "Well I have been watching F1 for a while now and plus I was invited by Red Bull." I smile back. "Oh wait, aren't you Y/n? Won the bronze at the Winter Olympics." Daniel says. "Yes that is me." I smile. "Whoa really? That's so cool." Max comments. "Yeah, I'm her best friend, Madison." She introduces herself, mainly to Max.

"So how long did you train for before the Olympics?" Daniel asks as Max and Madison chat to each other. "10 years. It's been a super long process but it was incredible. We are going to continue training for the 2022 Winter Olympics." I say. "Oh nice. You should teach me how to ice skate one day." He says. "That would be so much fun." I laugh. "Yeah, my mom was obsessed with you, watched every performance of yours at the Olympics." He says which makes me blush. "Really? That's so nice. I must meet her." I reply. "Yeah ac-" " I'm so sorry to interrupt ladies but the boys have to go now and get ready for the race. I gave you guys some extra time so you two need to get to the garage right now." A woman says. "Aw ok.  Will I see you after the race?" Daniel questions, looking at me. "I don't know, Ricciardo." I reply getting up. "I guess we will have to see where you finish." I reply, quickly kissing his cheek before walking over to the balcony, overlooking the track to hide the deep red blush covering my cheeks.

"That went very well." Madison says walking up next to me. "For you or for me?" I ask with a smile. "Both." She winks at me. Making me laugh as we grab a drink before the race starts.

~

"So does that mean you'll agree to go out with me?" I hear from behind me. Turning around I find a sweaty Daniel with champagne dripping off his body, holding his first place trophy in one hand hand one shoe in the other, the second shoe still sits on the podium after his shoeys. "Uh yeah, I think it does." I say, smiling. 

~2022~

I climb into the purple McLaren that belongs to Dan, with him slipping into the drivers seat. We pull away from the restaurant where the McLaren team dinner just ended, held in the honor of McLaren's 2-3 yesterday. "Do you remember when I first took you home to me my mom?" Daniel randomly says. "Yes. I will never forget the shocked look on her face when she realized who I was." I reply with a smile, thinking back to that day a few months after Daniel and I's first date. "I told her who you were but she didn't believe me." He laughs. "She almost didn't believe that I was actually standing in her living room." I say and we both laugh as we continue back to our hotel room, since we are currently still in Silverstone after the British Grand Prix. After competing in this years Winter Olympics, where Tyler and I won the gold medal, I have since retired from professional ice skating and now travel around the world with my boyfriend.

We walk into the hotel room and Daniel flops onto the bed instantly but I can't wait to take these heels off. I look in the mirror as I take out my favorite earrings which I paired with a beautiful jumpsuit. In the mirror I am an see Daniels face and he is staring at me. He spots me looking at him in the mirror and his signature smile breaks out. "Anything else you want to do tonight?" I questions, taking off my necklace. "We could get married." He says. I smile, thinking it's another one of his jokes but when I hear nothing I glance in the mirror to he he has moved from his original place. I turn to see him down on one knee behind me. "I thought you were joking." I laugh, covering my mouth as tears of joy begin to fill my eyes. "We could go right now, Michael and Natalie are already in on it. So what do you say?" He asks, looking at me with so much joy in his eyes.

Tonight hasn't gone exactly how I planned but why not? I can celebrate with friends and family at a later stage. A smile starts to creep onto my face as I say the three words that will change my life.

"Let's do it."