•𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞•

July 19th, 2016
________________________________________

The buzzing lights of New York City shine through the windows of the penthouse apartment. The whimpering of a dog wakes Brielle from her peaceful slumber. She looks to her side where Angel laid next to her. Angel, a red merle Australian Shepard puppy, continued to whin and bark.

"Alright girl, I'm coming."

Brielle pulls the covers off of her and lays them back down gently. She takes a moment to breath in the fresh morning air and to admire the beauty of the city below her.

She then follows the anxious puppy to her kitchen and heads to her pantry to receive Angel's food. She fills her dogs food and water bowl and lays them out for her. She looks over to the clock on her stove

6:30

She takes a breath and heads to her bathroom to get ready for the day.
________________________________________

The rain in New York City seemed to glisten against the hard smoke that coated the sky frequently. It washes away the black gunk, and resets the beautiful blue sky.

It was much different than Sheffield. There, the rain fell softly and painted a summer picture, bring soft breezes and a pretty blue sky, always.

Brielle push back the thought of her home, and continues down the path to her job.

The immortal mistress was currently employed as a Realtor, very different from her past occupations. Through the decades Brielle has "entertained" herself through many different career paths. In the 50s, she served as a war nurse during the Vietnam War, After figuring out that it wasn't the career path for her, she travelled across Europe and Asia as a teacher until 1990. That was when she decided to move to the America's for some new scenery.

In the early 2000s, Brielle changed over many different careers, from a Retail Worker to Stripper, she realized that with each job she acquired a new set of skills that helped add to her knowledge over the years.

Brielle stepped into her office building, the bright sun adding light to the open reception area.

"Good Morning, Ms. Beckett"

"Good morning, William."

Brielle turned to face the young boy. He was no older than 19, his auburn hair curled slightly at the top of his head, and his bright blue eyes painted him to be full of wonder.

The young boy was interning at Brielle's building, he had just completed his certification a few months ago and was already making an improved difference in the company.

"I have the paperwork from Mr. Riggott back and signed. I placed it on your desk along with your morning coffee." The boy said with a smile.

Brielle returned it before she responded

"I appreciate that William. I'll also need the leasing documents for our building in Jersey."

"Right away madame."

Brielle gives a laugh as he bows and walks away. She heads towards the elevator. Pushing in her floor, she waits patiently for the elevator to reach her floor. She steps out of the elevator and heads towards the last door at the end of the hall. She opened the door to reveal a huge, spacious room. The large windows allowed for the sun to beam through. Brielle headed straight
her desk and turning on her computer she sits. She smiles at the nicely placed cup and paper stacked neatly and evenly spaced apart.
________________________________________

Early morning turned to late evening, and before long, Brielle found herself on her way home. Stopping at her usual corner store to pick up something to cook for dinner, she continues on her path home. She turns around the corner of Hampton street and is met by an unusual black figure.

The hooded man was covered in black and the dark sky helped hide his face.

"Give me your money."

Brielle started laughing before she could stop herself, this angered the man.

"Give me your money, bitch."

Brielle felt the barrel of gun pushed up against her cheek.

"I'll blow your goddamn brains out."

'Good luck with that.' Brielle thought to herself

She remained silent, not feeding into the mans stupidity. He grows tired of the lack of response and grows to slap her, but his stopped. Brielle doesn't even have time to respond when the man suddenly goes flying into the building beside her.

"Hello?" Brielle calls out

There's a moment of silence until a deeper voice responds.

"Are you alright ma'am?"

"I'm alright, thank you."

Brielle hears the silent movement of the person, and before she realizes she calls out.

"Wait!"

The movement stops and Brielle can feel the graze of the person on her.

"I would like to see the person who saved me." Brielle states

There is a moment of hesitation, before the voice responds

"That might not be a good idea, ma'am."

"Why not?"

"I might startle you."

"And what about you would startle me? You can't be worse than the other guy."

Instead of responding, the person steps into the street light, reveal that he is no man.

Brielle takes a slight step back and looks up to the 6ft tall turtle in front of her. She studies him in shock and awe.

She steps back towards him and places her hand out.

"I'm Brielle, Brielle Beckett."

The turtle stares in shock, he shakes himself out of the gaze and shakes her hand

"I'm Leonardo."

"Leonardo? Like Leonardo Da Vinci?" Brielle asked curiously

"Yeah, you could say that."

There is an awkward moment of silence, Leonardo's hand finds the back of his neck.

"I know I just met you, but if you wanted, your welcome to come back to my apartment. I was about to make dinner-"

Brielle looks down at the groceries that are still firmly placed in her hand.

"Your welcome to join me, a thank you for saving me."

The turtle stares at her in shock, but quickly composes himself.

"If your sure I wouldn't be imposing."

Brielle giggles and shakes her head.
______________________________________

|The Heart of a Wolf|