•𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞•

__________________________________________

TWZ
__________________________________________

"So how does it feel to be the Divine?"

Apollo entered the garden keep where Brielle stood, her breathing heavy and paced.

"What the bloody hell just happened?!"

"I suspect your talking about the wolf and the moon?"

Apollo placed his right arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him. 

"Yes...."

"It's a part of being the Divine. Your guided by the moon and protected by the great white wolf." Apollo says simply, his voice drawing out and ending calmly

Brielle says nothing but looks up at the man. His brown hair picking up with the light breeze. He looks down and meets her hazel eyes.

"Get some rest. Tomorrow will be a long day."

"But...Apollo...I.."

The man frowns and looks down to her once more.

"I know, but your questions can wait until tomorrow, you require a proper night's rest before I continue to explain the TWZ too you."

Sighing, Brielle nods and begins the trip back to her room.

The next morning, the blinding light of the sun filled Brielle's room. Slight knocking on the door awoke Brielle from here slumber. Rising slowly, she faced the morning sun, tiredly rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning, your worship. I have your attire for todays' events. Lord Oxford is awaiting your presence in the dining hall." Linda says sweetly

Brielle hums in response, her long brown hair messy and tangled floating in the air. It took Brielle an hour to bathe and properly braid her hair. She was standing in front of her mirror, beside it was mannequin dressed in battle-maiden armor. Made with a black velvet fabric and decorated with metal leaves placed strategically on the shoulders of the armor. Brielle smiled at it, for it was a nice change from her ballroom attire.

The soldiers guarding those halls bow at the sight of Brielle, she gives a small smile towards them and made her way to the dining hall. The doors of the dining hall swing open, revealing Brielle. Apollo turned his head toward her instantly, smiling in awe of her beauty.

"Your Worship. I-"Brielle smirks at his reaction as she continues her way towards him. Stopping just short of him, she looks up at him. Apollo's eyes trace her body, a look placed itself in him that Brielle had not recognized.

"I have questions." 

Apollo closes his eyes, and then looks back to Brielle. 

Nodding he leads her to a room just off the dining hall. There, the Magister and Athena are waiting. The room was small, in the center was a round table, at the head was a throne-like chair that Brielle assumed to be hers. Looking to Apollo for conformation, she drags her hand across the dark oak table. 

The table was smooth and cool. Brielle took her seat at the table, then which everyone else does the same. Apollo sat at the right of Brielle and Athena beside him. Henry was placed at her left.

"We-" Apollo starts

Athena gives him a harsh look before he continues

"-I owe you an explanation."

Brielle looks at him, motioning for him to continue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tears running down Brielle's' face left the entire room silent. In her hand, she held a photo of what remained of her parents and siblings. She made a heavy breath, her hands trembling, and sent down the photo.

"You said...that there was work to be down." Brielle stated, making eye contact with the table below her

"Yes-" Apollo began

Before he continued, he looked to his little sister of guidance. Athena nodded, knowing her best friend rather well.

"There have been sightings of Cyclopes crossing into the Sirens territory. This breach of law will cause another war to begin against land and sea creatures alike."

"And what exactly do we have to do with Mythical creatures?" Brielle questioned angerly, continuing to not meet eyes with anyone in the room.

"Our job as residents of the TWZ is to keep peace among all non-human creatures, so that they may never be discovered by the modern world of mankind." Henry states

"So, what you're telling me is that you watched my family be murdered and did nothing to help them so you could bring me to lead this... this cult, which entire existence is based upon helping Mythical creatures." Brielle says making eye contact with now every person in the room

"We serve-"

"I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU SERVE!" Brielle yells angerly

"I HAVE LOST...my entire family so that everyone here can play hero."

Brielle was once again crying, enraged she looked towards Athena.

"You were supposed to be my friend, but I guess that was a lie too, so you could get what you wanted."

With that, Brielle marches out of the room slamming the door behind her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The waves of the never-ending body of water within the TWZ crashed upon Brielle. Her naked form was cold and unforgiving as the stain of tears slowly begins to wash away. The sixteen-year-old looked up to the sky with hatred. This magical place had quickly become a nightmare, the loss of her family still fresh in her mind. 

Without a second thought, Brielle let her body be pulled under by one of the waves. Opening her eyes, she swam. She had no reciliation of how far she went or how deep she was, but she keep going. Taking in the calming beauty around her, she stops.

A new wave hits her, and she feels at ease. Swimming back up to the top, she lets her mind find peace in the situation. She takes in a deep breath, completely finding her zin.

"I will love you all forever."