s2 e12

morning came fairly quickly and sadly the weekend flew by, as they always did.

the sun was penetrating its way through my bedroom window and i couldn't help but groan. i didn't wanna get up and go to class but who ever does?

i threw the sheets off of me and dragged myself out of bed, grabbing my phone, checking the time. as i did that, i noticed a message from Allen. he never texted me, ever.

my eyes scanned his message, "im in trouble, i didn't wanna call dad, so would you mind coming up to the school please?"

lord what did you do, Allen?

i sighed softly before replaying, "give me 30 minutes, 45 tops, ill be there as soon as i can."

guess i won't be making class today.

•••

i pulled up his school in exactly 40 minutes, thank god it was up the street.

quickly, i pulled my keys from the engine and pulled myself from the car. walking through the school doors, i was instantly greeted by the security..?

"hello Miss Lance, what could i do for you?" he asks with a wide smile on his face. kinda creepy but shit whatever.

"uh im here for my brother, Allen Cole, apparently he's gotten in to some kind of trouble," i shrug.

"oh yes," he nods. "right this way."

i made my way off into the office, seeing Allen seated in a chair. i eyed him as he held a frustrated expression.

"are you gonna tell me what happened or do i have to find out in 5 minutes from now?"

"are you upset with me?"

i shake my head, "no, not at all. i just need you to tell me why you're in trouble because i know some administrators will blow it out of proportion."

"i was minding my business and these kids started bothering me for nothing," he eyes me. "i was in my second hour and someone started laughing and i was wondering what was funny. because what the hell was funny?" he says in which i laugh to. "anyways, the teacher turned her back and i got bombarded with questions about you, which was annoying. not like that," he holds his hand up. "so i just ignored them and one thing led to another and we were fighting."

ah, got it.

i nod, "got it."

within minutes, the principal walked into the office, thank you, i wanna go home.

"Miss Lance, hello," she greets me with a smile. "i don't mean bug you this early in the morning, step into my office?"

its 10:50, that's early to you? oh.

"well i mean it's not really early to me," i shrug. "i had classes this morning so im used to the early morning."

"ah, college?"

"yes ma'am," i nod.

"what are you studying?" ma'am, we're here for Allen, not my line of study.

"we're here for Allen, not me," i eye her.

i missed classes for this ma'am, let's speed this up.

"i apologize," she says simply. "uh, Allen got into it with a couple of boys."

"i know, so what exactly are we doing here? is this a small warning or is he getting a suspension for a while?"

"a warning work but if you'd like to take him home just for today, you can."