Chapter 3: I'm Fine

~~Stiles~~

I just pull into the parking lot and park the jeep and we both get out grabbing our bags going into the school. Scott and I are walking to our lockers when "Hey Stiles?" 

I'm already hyper aware of what he's going to ask so I decided to answer, "I'm fine." He then says "I didn't ask anything" I look at Scott, but I can't focus. 

I ignore it telling Scott "I know you Scott, I know what you were going to say so don't." I start walking faster and I change course to the bathroom not stopping at my locker. 

I swing open the door and I look to make sure I'm alone and I go over to the sink to wash my face and I hear "Are we safe? Or should I step in?" I look up and around to the door wondering if someone came in.

I shake it off but instantly I remember Melissa telling me I had dissociative identity disorder. It's making me think that wasn't me talking but the other personality. 

I really need to do some research of my own, but I answer. . . . Myself out loud "Uh no it's okay. I'm . . . We're safe." 

I wait for a response, and not long do I hear "Alright, but if I feel we're in danger I will do whatever I have to do to protect you, Stiles." 

I smile to myself, and I take a deep breath in and out before exiting the bathroom and make my way to class.

~~mini timeskip~~

~~Stiles~~

It's now lunch and as I'm walking to lunch, I get cornered by a group of 6 maybe 8 people and who might be the leader speaks "So where are you going" 

I give a purposeful confused look and say sarcastically "You don't know, it's lunch time so I was going to go get something to eat, where were you guys off to. Let me guess to steal other people's lunch money." 

They all look to each other and again the same guy speaks "You can say that" He snaps his fingers, and the group starts moving closer with menacing looks on their faces while the main guy stays and speaks "We all got paid to beat you up and to make sure we draw blood and to insure you don't get off without a few scars at the very least." 

He then starts walking towards me and the rest of them start pulling back their arms getting ready to beat me to a pulp. 

I brace for impact feeling faint as I feel myself losing consciousness and when I wake up, I see them all laying on the ground unconscious when I hear him "I told you Stiles, I'll always be here for you even when your friends can't be." 

I smile looking down and I ask in my head "so what's your name anyway?" He answers me "name's Void. Nice to meet you." 

I say again in my head "Nice to meet you too Void. Thank you" He responds "Any time Sti" I look around seeing the group of bully's starting to stir awake and I start going to lunch leaving them behind. 

~~mini timeskip~~

~~Stiles~~

The bell rings signaling the end of class and the school day. Scott and I are walking to Roscoe. We hop into the seat, and we toss our bags in the back, I then start the jeep up backing out of the parking lot to go drop Scott off.

As we're driving Scott speaks "Umm Stiles I just wanted to say I'm sorry if I crossed a line, I just wanted to make sure you were holding up, okay?" 

I scrunch my face not understanding so I clarify "If anything I should be the one to apologize, I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap at you I had a hard night last night. But I have to admit I have no clue what you're talking about." 

I look over briefly at Scott and he says "oh well thanks and I was talking about. . . . Well, it is the anniversary." 

I look at Scott and I think about what anniversary he could be talking about as I remember what anniversary he's referring to; 

I immediately think about what Melissa told me about how she drowned me. It then switches to my dad and the first time he attacked me it flashes in my mind, and I hear a very distant and distorted voice that I can't understand. I start to feel lightheaded, and faint and I black out no longer awake.

~~Void~~

I take over Stiles feeling his pain and suffering. I swerve the wheel before we crash and Scott yells at us "Stiles! What! What happened!? Are you okay?" 

I don't look at Scott, but I tell him "I'm fine, just got distracted" He then says, "are you sure you sound off."

I look at him slightly and I immediately look back to the road stating "Yes Scott

I look at him slightly and I immediately look back to the road stating "Yes Scott." He says back "Umm okay, if you're sure." 

I'm so annoyed and say back annoyance clear in my voice "I said, I'm sure! Now drop it!" I see out my peripheral vision Scott's mouth hanging open in shock and surprise. 

I just roll my eyes and say, "Anything you want to say?" He shakes his head no before looking out the window all the way to his house and he gets out coming over to talk. 

I roll my eyes, but I roll down the window and Scott speaks saying "Umm would you like to stay for a bit. We could watch a movie or play video games." 

I look at the time knowing our dad doesn't get off work for hours so I guess for an hour or two couldn't hurt, I tell Scott "Okay 1 maybe 2 hours then I have to go." 

He smiles and turns to walk in the driveway as I open the door following Scott into his house. Scott opens the door calling out "Mom I'm home and Stiles is here." 

From the kitchen out comes Melissa with a bright smile and says "Good your both here in time for dinner. Stiles do you want to join." 

I look at her and she immediately has this look, but I say "Uhh sure, but I gave to go in an hour or two." She nods and says to Scott "Scott would you make a place for Stiles while I talk to him, and no wolf hearing it's rude to eavesdrop." 

He nods and disappears into the kitchen when Melissa grabs my arm dragging us with her up the stairs. Once we get up the stairs she asks "Stiles? Is it you?" 

I shake my head no and she asks, "then who and why?" I answer her "I'm Void and why is Scott reminded Stiles of what today is, he became distressed, and it caused Stiles to think about stuff that hurts so I'm here until I believe it's safe." 

She nods and tells me "Alright but Scott doesn't know about this, so I'll have to call you Stiles." I tell her "I don't mind. I'll do whatever I have too to protect Stiles." 

She nods again and starts going back downstairs and I follow looking at the time to make sure we have enough time. Which we do, and so I make my way down the stairs to the kitchen to eat with the Mccall family.