Chapter 7: I'm Sorry Stiles

I make sure to not only mask my sent but spread it to confuse Scott or any other supernatural that tries to find us. After that I go to the old hale house and enter it going to the roof to watch if they get close up till I can't anymore. 

I don't know how long I've been here, but I've heard howling every so often and some of them were pretty close but thankfully I think it would be safe enough to let Stiles out first I back sure to put a little distance between the edge and us. 

I then lay down letting Stiles out as a tear escapes my eye and I say to him as he takes back control "I'm sorry, I tried my best. But my best wasn't good enough."

~~Stiles~~

I open my eyes as I hear "I'm sorry, I tried my best. But my best wasn't good enough." I can't help but wonder what that means when I suddenly feel a gust of wind all around me and I sit up to see I'm on a roof. 

I look around to find out how I could have gotten up here so I can get down, but I don't see anything that tells me where the exit is. 

I don't feel like I should walk around on the roof having a feeling that it could be unstable. As I was trying to wrack my brain on how I'm going to get down I hear a distant howl. 

It's Scott, that much I know. I can't howl but I can scream so I put my hands up to my mouth and take a deep long inhale of breath and scream out "Scoooooott!!!!! Scooootty!!!" 

I look around seeing if anyone comes through the clearing. My eyes light up as I see someone coming through the trees . . . . . . . . . . . . and it's . Scott. 

He calls up to me "Stiles! Hey buddy! You alright up there?" I call down to Scott answering him "Uhh yeah . . . I think so? 

Other than the fact it's cold up here. . . . You gonna get me down? Or are you gonna have to call the fire department with them being experts in getting cats out of high places, and to honest I'm just barely hanging in here." 

I can hear him chuckling and soon he tells me "uhh no, I'll get you down. I'll be right up." He starts running up towards the building and I can no longer see him, so I stand there waiting for Scott when I hear the creak of wood and the secret hatch is opened and Scott's head pokes through and he turns to face me and says, "Your saved Mr. Mittens." 

I smirk at that shaking my head slightly and I reply, "Meow-cue" Scott starts chuckling again and says, "come on, let's get out of here." His head disappears and I move to follow.

~~mini timeskip~~

~~Stiles~~

Now back on solid ground Scott and I start the long trek home. I ask Scott "So did you tell anyone where we are, or do we have to walk all the way back to your house?" 

I look at him and he looks back answering me "Umm all I did was follow your voice." I can immediately tell he's lying but I let him think otherwise "Are you kidding me?" 

Just then a car pulls up to us and the window rolls down to reveal. . . . Derek. Derek speaks saying "you two just going to stand there gawking or are you getting in?" 

I snap out of it and call out "Shot gun!" I hop into the passenger seat while Scott hops into the back. Derek drives turning around to go back into town looking to see where I was, and my eyes widen seeing I was on top of the roof of the old hale house. 

Surprisingly I didn't fall off or fall through it, I start feeling drowsy and my eyes start to close but I shake my head forcing myself awake. 

I rub my eyes and I mentally curse myself while massaging my temples when Derek's voice chimes in "You should sleep."