Chapter 4: Really I have to go

~~Void~~

It's after dinner and Scott and I are in his room playing a video game and I won for the 3rd time as I check the time again seeing I have just enough to get home before our dad gets home. 

I stand up stretching and I says to Scott "I should be going. I'll see you later Scotty." Scott stands abruptly stating "What! Why?" 

I pretend I didn't hear him as I had already started to go out his door and I'm on the first stair when Scott comes out calling to me "Hey, Stiles talk to me, what's up?" 

I don't stop walking as Scott continues to follow me as I'm almost down the stairs I feel him grab my arm making me turn to him and he says with slight annoyance "Stiles! Seriously! What's up with you?!?" 

His hand is still grasping my arm and I look up at him and he immediately let's go and he has a look of shock, surprise, and disbelief as I tell him with slight anger in my voice "I don't have to tell you if I don't want too, look Scott I really have to go now but I'll see you tomorrow at school." I turn to go out the door feeling Scott's eyes following me as I leave, and I start up the jeep driving towards home.

~~mini timeskip~~

~~Void~~

I just pull into the driveway, and I get out grabbing our bag as I shut the door making our way up the drive to the front door. 

I open it going up to our room and I immediately shut and lock it before grabbing the first aid kit taking it into the bathroom fixing his bandage and taking 2 pills when I hear the front door slam shut followed by a loud shout "Stiles get down here! NOW!!!" 

I roll my eyes and I take my time putting everything back before heading down the stairs when I get the tingling feeling and I immediately crouch down rolling away to dodge the bottle and the shards that follow. 

I stand up glaring at the Sheriff walking over to him head held high and right as he was about to speak, I grab his throat cutting him off as I bring my face right up to his glaring daggers into him and say with poison and anger "Now you listen to me! I'm going to stay with Scott from now on and if you try to get me to come back I. . . Will . . . Kill you! Do you under . . STAND ME!!!" 

He nods and I release my grip as I hear him say still gasping for air "Freak" I ignore him going into Stiles's room to pack a bag of clothes and bring his emergency bag, I also pack his first aid kit even though Melissa most likely has one. 

I take my bags out the door and I put them into the jeep going back to Scott's. I pull in and I walk up to the door knocking and thankfully Melissa answers "Oh hi Stiles." I tell her "I'm staying here until his dad finally gets the help, he denies he needs." 

She nods realizing and steps aside letting me in the door as she says out loud signaling Scott "Scott, Stiles is staying here for a while." He pokes his head from the top of the stairs saying "awesome, come on up Stiles, I'll sleep on the couch, you can have my room." 

I force a smile and I give Melissa a nod before going up the stairs to see Scott fluffing a pillow. He turns around giving me a disgustingly genuine smile. I force one in return, and he says, "you know where everything is, make yourself at home." 

I watch him as he leaves going down the stairs and I shut the door locking it as I slide down the door breathing heavily dropping the bags I do. 

I know I don't have long before Stiles comes back out. I look over at the bed and I lay down and immediately I feel Stiles waking up as I sleep, knowing I'll be out for a whole.

~~Stiles~~

My eyes flutter open, and I jerk up remembering I was driving Scott home. I look around seeing that I'm in Scott's bed thinking I must have stayed feeling fear well up inside of me I get up and race down the stairs and Melissa's voice stops me "Stiles?" 

I wheel around to face her, and she looks at me and she says, "Come here, follow me." I look back at the door before actually deciding to follow her up the stairs, we're right in front of Scott's bedroom door and she says, "Stiles you're staying here until I say otherwise." 

My eyes go wide with shock, and I start stuttering over my words as my fear and worry start worming and welling up inside of me "Meli . . Melissa, I . . . I . . . I Have to go." 

She shakes her head no before grabbing my arms and turning me around. She then pushes me into Scott's room and practically throws me on Scott's bed before finally speaking "Now. Go to sleep and we can talk tomorrow." 

She gives me a warm smile as she shuts the door and I pull the covers over me as sleep takes me over. Once again, my eyes flutter open, and I look over at Scott's bedside table at his clock and my eyes go wide seeing it's 4:30pm. I toss the blankets off getting up fast. . . . . 

A little too fast and I immediately regret it. I first take the pain meds before making my way downstairs and Scott comes around the corner scaring me half to death "Ahhh, Scott!! What have I told you about sneaking around, if you're going to walk around corners you need to make some kind of noise or one of these days your actually gonna give someone an actual heart attack." 

He looks at me sheepishly before saying "Umm right, uhh you sleep well?" I smile at him saying "Uhh. Yeah, actually. It's probably the best I've slept in a long time. But my dad is gonna shoot me. I missed a whole day of school." 

He smiles at me and says, "That's why you have me." He goes over to the couch where he's backpack is, and he opens it pulling out a small thin packet. 

He walks back over handing it to me and explains "This is all the homework from all the classes, of course the majority is from coaches and from chemistry." 

I look it over and I look back up smiling, I tell him "Thanks Scott, I should probably start now, this will take me all day." 

He nods saying "Just know if you don't go tomorrow, you can leave it on the coffee table when you finish it and I'll take it with me to school." 

I smile looking down and immediately back up replying "yeah well I slept so long I'm probably all sleeped out." He laughs and says "Uh yeah I guess so. Anyway, good luck with uhh . . . That" 

He points to the papers in my hand and I say back "Uh yeah thanks, I'm gonna need it." I turn around walking back up the stairs to Scott's room and get started on the homework.