Chapter 14: The Island Challenge Begins!

Heyyo! Here's chapter 14!

"Fly in Rowlet!" Ash commanded.

Rowlet chirped and flew straight towards Eevee.

"Dodge and use Quick Attack!" Hau countered.

Eevee managed to dodge Rowlet, albeit barely. It then charged at Rowlet with its enhanced speed and hit him right in the side. Rowlet crashed into the ground.

"Rowlet! Are you alright?" Ash yelled in concern.

Rowlet responded with his version of a thumbs up, causing Ash to smile.

"Use Leafage!"

Rowlet unleashed a barrage of leafs from his wings. They started to surround Eevee, who was waiting for Hau to guide it. However, Hau was starting to git distracted. He looked at Serena, who was smiling and waving and cheering to Ash. He could faintly see a blush on her cheeks.

'Serena definitely seems to like Ash...wait, could HE be--'

Hau was brought out of his thoughts be his Eevee calling out to him. Before he could give Eevee a command, it was hit dead on by Rowlet's attack. Eevee fell to the ground, but started to get back, slowly though.

"Eevee, you alright?"

Eevee took a fighting stance, but was clearly tired. Rowlet was also tired, but still had more energy than Eevee. Ash figured it was time to end this. Hau thought this too.

"Use Tackle!" They said in unison.

Rowlet flew up and once high enough, descended with his left foot stretched out. Eevee ran forward and jumped in the air, on course towards Rowlet. The two collided into the other. At first, they both didn't move, however a couple seconds later, Rowlet managed to overpower his opponent. Eevee crashed into the ground again, although much harder than last time. Rowlet landed in front of Ash. Eevee laid motionless with swirls in its eyes. Hala decided to call the match.

"Eevee is unable to battle! There for, this match goes to Ash and Rowlet!"

The crowd cheered and clapped, for both Ash and Hau. The latter took out his Poke Ball and returned Eevee. He smiled though as he looked at Ash.

'Man, that Ash sure is something.'

"We did it Rowlet!"

Rowlet however, didn't respond. Ash walked over to him, and saw that he was asleep. Ash sweatdropped. He took out his Poke Ball and returned him after giving him his thanks.

"Ash!"

Ash turned and saw Serena running up to him. She jumped into his arms, Vulpix managing to get out before she got crushed.

"That was awesome! You and Rowlet were great!"

"Thanks Serena, your support helped a lot" Ash said.

Serena blushed as she gave him a quick kiss. Hau saw this and turned ghost white.

'IT IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Ash walked over to Hau. Ash held out his hand.

"That was an awesome battle Hau, your Eevee was tough."

Hau quickly gathered himself. He forced a smile and shook Ash's hand.

"Thanks Ash, you and Rowlet were pretty cool together."

Hala nodded with a smile. He decided to speak up. "We will now begin the second battle!"

Ash, Serena and Hau made their way off the platform and into the crowd. A minute later, Kiawe and another boy made their way to the platform. Kiawe let out his Turtonator, Rotom immediately growing excited. After a couple pictures, Turtonator appeared on its screen.