Chapter 61: A Surprise Reunion

Hello again! I'm sorry I haven't updated, I don't have an excuse though. I'm hoping to get a few more chapters out before the end of the year, we'll see though. This chapter will be a reunion of two special characters. Who are they? Read to find out. Enjoy!

The group sat on the couch as Professor Magnolia began to speak again.

"Now then. There are 8 gyms across Galar, and there are gym tests you must complete before challenging the gym leader" she explained.

"Gym tests?" Serena said.

"You must complete a certain objective by the gym leader, which can be something like gathering Wooloo or navigating a maze" Professor Magnolia explained.

"I see" Serena said.

Ash then remembered something. "Hold on, didn't Nurse Joy said you needed to be endorsed by someone to take on the gym challenge?"

"Not to worry, I have already submitted my endorsement papers to the chairman of the Pokemon League, so you are all set Serena" Professor Magnolia said.

Ash and Serena sighed with relief. Ash then spoke up again.

"What gym should we go to first?" Ash asked.

"I would suggest the gym in Turffield, the gym leader specializes in Grass Types" Professor Magnolia said.

"Then let's go to Turffield!" Ash said with excitement.

"Yeah!" Serena said with equal excitement. There was a brief pause. "...where is that?"

Ash's body became stiff and white. Embarrassment overtook him.

Professor Magnolia slightly chuckled.

"Not to worry, I will program a map of Galar into your Rotom Pokedex" she said.

On cue, Rotom flew up to Professor Magnolia.

"I will gladly be of service-roto."

Professor Magnolia got up and went deeper into the lab, Rotom following her. After a few minutes they returned.

"Alright, everything should be set" Professor Magnolia said.

There was a ding. "Galar map and gym data successfully installed" Rotom computed.

"Well guess we're all set then right?" Ash said.

"Not quite. You'll need to stop at Motostoke first to give them your ID and choose your gym challenger number" Professor Magnolia said.

"Gym number?" Serena said.

"Every gym challenger gets to choose a number that helps the league officials identify them easier. You can choose any number between 2 and 999" she explained.

"So I guess that means you need to come up with a number Serena" Ash said.

"Don't worry, you'll have some time to think about it" Professor Magnolia said.

They decided to end the conversation there. They all went outside and went by the lake to let out their Pokemon.

Pikachu and Sylveon played together, Decidueye and Primarina hung out by the water, Ninetails sat right next to Serena, Pancham and Kartana were doing a little spar practice. Greninja and Delphox sat with Ash and Serena on a picnic table enjoying lunch. The whole time Greninja kept getting a weird feeling that something was watching them.

"Do you want to head out after lunch Serena?" Ash asked.

After swallowing her food, Serena spoke.

"Actually, I was thinking we could spend the day in Wedgehurst and set out tomorrow, that way we can get to know more about Galar" she said.