Pomelo

He shredded off the already skinned pomelo into smaller pieces. I looked it from up close while listening to them talking about the rubber trees they had planted months ago. The middle aged lady, whom I thought of might be much younger offered us the fruit before placed a plate of it in front of us. I looked at it with wonders. It looked like some kind of orange but larger and paler. I was not thinking of eating it because of the unfamiliarity. I watched him ate the fruit. It looked fun but I can't help but to notice that my face was a bit revolted.

"Benny, I want a bit of that please," I asked almost whispering.

He offered me half of the slice but I refused. It was too big for me. Still talking to those couple, he shredded the slice into tiny pieces and put them to my palm. With my other hand, I picked them up one by one and ate them. It tasted bitter and I taste regret. Quietly I ate them anyway.

Benny stopped at his third piece and asked Marshall who was sitting beside Ben to eat the fruit too. Marshall was playing with his phone. I quietly look over him to see what he was up too. He was just sliding his finger to those square app icons back and forth avoiding the conversation, I guess. He shook his head. Benny continued to finish the fruit and once in a while he gave some tiny pieces to me.

"Coffee, do you drink it?" my future sister in law suddenly asked while carrying a tray of jug and mugs. I haven't thought of the answer and by then the coffee was already being served in front of me. Desperately for what to say, I nodded and smiled awkwardly. I needed to say no but I can't let it out because I don't think I know how and well, it was awkward. I fear of people hating me. Over a coffee. Yes. I am silly, can't help it.

I'm not a coffee person but I drank it anyway. I sipped only a bit of it every time I needed to drink. Thank god it was a small mug and I looked over to Marshall and Benny's empty mugs. Sometimes I would nod together with the rest of people in the room to the statements and asked back a few just to avoid being the most silent person in the room.

I was glad that the TV was on and it gave me reasons to not be participating in the conversation which is now on the types of fishes. While I was busied listening to the scores of the badminton game shown on the TV, Benny took my mug and drank my coffee. Thanks, bro! Drink all of it so I'm safe!

Benny innocently told the family he drank mine instead of refilling his mug when asked. Marshall drank his coffee and ate the chocolate offered by the daughter of the family. I took two, one was chocolate with caramel in it and the other one was a dark chocolate. They were nice and cured my coffee bitterness. I don't know.