Sleepyhead

It was more than half an hour since I last texted her. Disappointedly, I put aside my mobile phone. Knowing she would probably ignore the text I sent, quietly, I waited anyway.

The day I was waiting- all of us were waiting for was finally here. The days and routine I had before were calmly carried out and went through and I had no clue on how to react to the idea of getting a new addition to the family. It was exciting, of course, and I was worried for a little while.

I slept the entire car trip. Mom would never let me sleep if it were in our house. I decided to use this trip to get all the sleeps I needed and wanted like I did most of the time whenever we traveled. Mom would wake me up when I fell seconds into my sleep. Usually, she scolded me for dozing off on our way to the family store which was a few kilometers away. I found that rather silly and stupid for having such a sleepyhead but I needed my sleep. I felt even worse when mom did not say anything despite seeing me or the rest ignorantly sleeping at the back. But I always knew mom was not happy with our doings. Her reasons were always the same, we would miss all that nature has to offer, and most importantly, we need to learn the damn directions! I had to agree with that point wholeheartedly. I was bad at memorizing roads and looking at the idea of not remembering ways to get back to my possible future home, I shivered.

I felt the need to wake up or so I thought when mom and Benny started to call my name asking me to do so. My eyes betrayed me even after I lost track of time, I was still sleepy. Benny was pulling over and I knew we reached the place. I wished they woke me up much earlier because now everyone can sense the sleepyhead in me. I looked out the window and study the sights before settling myself out of the car. The Sun shone brightly It was hot and I felt sorry for my already chapped lips.   

AN: really old piece I wrote