1

" have you been experiencing any nose bleeds in the past two days?"

the little boy shakes his head, hands holding tight the mother's hand. sara chuckles slowly before continuing to ask him a few questions while signing the discharge paper. he jumps around happily, ended up giving her the biggest hug.

she smiles, brushing the latter's hair. the boy is her favourite one, compared to all the other patients she has been handling in her 5 years working as a surgeon. he keeps on thanking and bowing to her until she had to stop him.

"yeonwoo ! promise me you won't skip your pills and eat lots of delicious food once you got home okay ?"

"ofcourse dr chae ! mommy promised to get my favourite muffin later, all thanks to you"

she hugs him once again before bidding the family goodbye. a sigh escapes her lips, not sure on what to feel about it. she feels empty, it's almost like her little source of happiness has been taken away.

okay that may be a little too dramatic, but she really do adore the kid. her hands rummaging through the charts, checking on her post operation patients. leaning her body on the desk to let off a little pressure that has been hanging on her shoulders.

her eyes moving as fast as her hands signing through the papers, having her full attention on those papers until something jerk her off from behind.

more like someone, someone who really wants their ass to be kicked.

"have you finished your rounds today miss chae ?"

another sigh escapes her lips, " can you shut up please jae im trying to focus on these charts"

the hot, good looking surgeon who she doesn't want to admit as her bestfriend, but kinda have to.

"let's go grab supper, we're on call today we need food"

hyunjae grabs sara's arm and casually drags her to the hospital's cafeteria, scanning his card before lining up in the line to get supper. she trailed him from behind, wanting to pull back the arm that has been dragged away but fails miserably.

she yawns, covering her mouth with the toast hyunjae bought, finally eating it. he takes the warm plain water that he ordered awhile ago, gulping it down his dry throat. they ate in silence as both are too hungry to even talk.

when she finishes, she casually take the glass of water away from the man and drink it slowly, quenching the thirst after eating. her other hands grabbing a tissue and wiping her mouth.

"jae can you do me a favour"

he hums in reply, still stuffing the toast in his mouth.

"can i cut your arm to practice stitching .."

" the hell sara ??" he scoffs, wiping his mouth. he stares into her soul, making those undefined types of face reactions.

sara frowns, kicking his feet under the table. she clasps both of her hands together. " please jae, please just this once"

"are you out of your mind? you're saying you want to cut me just so you can practice sewing me up for fun ??"

"it's not for fun ! i just want to practice, our attending has been keeping surgeries away from us and my hands are itchy to touch that scalpel" she defends herself, hands hugging her body.

he shakes his head, hard. not agreeing to whatever she has going on her mind.

"you're gonna get in trouble you do know that right ? im too tired to put up with your ass anymore. last time i agreed with your plan, you made us go through hell"

they both stood up and walked away from the cafeteria, going back to where they were both needed as they are on call. sara keeps on plastering him around, pleading for his arm. he sighs, knowing that he can never really say no to her.

"fine, you can cut me but on one condition"

her face lighten up, looking at him straight in the eyes, slightly having her face tilt. excitement writes all over her face, eventually making him smile too.

"you'll do my charts tomorrow, the whole day"

" what that's not fair ! " she yells, smacking his arm away.

" take it or leave it babe" he giggles.

"you sneaky ass fine I'll do your charts only for tomorrow" she whines, not believing she is actually agreeing on the one sided deal just to cut some arms.

"deal"