Aragorn's coronation

Elrond POV

"What am I supposed to say to him, father?", my daughter asked me with her beautiful voice as we rode next to each other on the main street of Minas Tirith, up to the palace where the coronation of king Aragorn would take place. He had sent for me and Arwen to be there, and of course we had followed his invitation. It was, after all, on our way to the Grey Havens, from which we would soon sail to the undying lands.

"Wish him luck and happiness and strenght and wisdom to rule his country", I answered her.

"I don't know if I can do that", she almost whispered, and I saw the tears in her eyes. Despite the fact that she knew about Aragorn's love for Legolas (I had informed her about that, because I figured she deserved to know), she still loved him and the pain in her heart had still not gone away.

"He would wish you the same", I replied. " And I know you do too, since you are my daughter."

She smiled slightly and nodded. Our horses had set foot on the white marble tilework that covered the palace. From the distance, we could already hear the cheering of a whole crowd of people that had come to the coronation, and as soon as we slided down from our horses, stableboys came running to take them with them to the king's stables. 

We passed the rows of people standing on the big yard outside the palace, and I recognised many of them, men and other folks. A bit in the crowd stood the four hobbits,  Merry, Pippin, Frodo and Sam, and they all seemed very happy. Pippin and Merry were practically glued to each other, though it could have been because of the little space there was, and, to my surprise, Sam and Frodo stood closer together than one would expect from friends. But in my heart I knew, that this was what I always had predicted and I was happy.

Another two faces caught my eyes, and my face lit up even more. Faramir, the brave and kind, son of Denethor, was standing hand in hand with lady Éowyn from Rohan and they giggled between whispers. What a wonderful sight! Éowyn was such a fine lady, she deserved to be happy. Then I spotted Gimli in the crowd, and next to him Éomer, marshall of the Mark. I had been informed about their dispute by Gandalf, and unfortunately I brought the reason for their quarrel back with my men. Somewhere behind me was Haldir, whom we had taken with us after his recovery. We had on our way passed Edoras, where he had been placed to get better. 

Therefore I was both happy and nervous about what the next few hours would bring. Could these two very determined men set their own wishes aside and just be happy that Haldir was back? However, that would have to wait, for now the coronation started, and Gandalf spoke.

"We are all gathered here today to celebrate!", he started. "Due to the strenght and braveness of you men from Gondor and Rohan, we have acchieved victory and destroyed our enemy. It is also due to the endurance and great care from the women of Minas Tirith that our men are standing here with bandages on their arms, rather than no arms at all!" Laughter amongst the people. "But it is also a celebration for a new time, for your king has come. Long have you lived under governors, who have ruled your country. Today, the king has returned, and we celebrate the peace that will come with it!"

He turned around and placed a small tiara on Aragorn's head. The named one was sitting on a throne, dressed in a blue tunic with the symbol of Gondor on his chest, the white tree. As he received the crown, he bowed his head slightly, then stood up to speak to his people. 

"Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta! (Out of the Great Sea to Middle-Earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.)"

I recognised them as the words Elendil spoke when he first set foot on this earth. Then Gandalf turned around again and called to the crowd.

"Now come the days of the King, and may they be blessed while the thrones of the Valar endure!"

Loud cheering erupted amongst the men and women at the coronation. Blessings and cries of joy filled the air and I knew just by the reaction of his people, that Aragorn would be a good king. I had raised him as Estel, hope, and this was what he had given a whole nation: hope. Now hope dwelled in my heart too.

"Long live king Aragorn!"