This Is The Part Where You Run. Pt.1

‼️Please read Authors note at the end.‼️

— • —

"So, let me get this straight." Aurora started as Alaric Saltzman, a tall man with short, brown hair and blue eyes who is the headmaster of the Salvatore school, drove his car around Atlanta, specifically to a church. "We are going inside a church to get a new werewolf, stop him from killing everyone inside that same church and drive him to school?"

"Pretty much." Said Hope with a shrug as she stared at the road.

"We are on a wolf hunt and it's not even my first day." Aurora sighs looking at the full moon wondering about her own werewolves... if she could still call them that. "Nice."

They had just picked her up from the airport, she had been so excited to get to school, meet all the people, see all the facilities, start class, anything that could make her forget about Scott only to be disappointed.

"And there's no we." Alaric said as he parked outside a church. "You are going to stay in the car."

Aurora's eyes widened, flabbergast. "What? Why?"

"Because, I know that you are not as educated in Magic as Hope is, not to mention the longest you've ever practiced your magic was for a few weeks." Alaric told her while looking at her through the mirror. "I don't want to risk their safety nor yours, Aurora."

Aurora blinked, she looked at Hope who gave her a sympathetic smile. "You'll help us soon enough, Rory."

Hope and Alaric got out of the car leaving Aurora scrambling after them. "Listen, I know plenty of magic and I know how to use it."

Alaric looked back at her, giving her a pointed look. "Not enough."

Before Aurora could argue with Alaric about her knowledge in Magic, Hope's surprised tone cut her off, making her turn her attention to her cousin.

"Landon." Hope looked at the boy in curiosity and shock.

The boy, about Hope's age, had short, curly black hair and green eyes. "Hope?"

Aurora's eyebrows shoot up as she turns to Hope, remembering her and Hope's talk back in Beacon Hills. She giggled looking at Hope and pointing at the boy. "That's Landon?"

"You two know each other?" Asked Alaric looking between the two teens.

"Long story." Said Hope, giving Aurora a side glare when she giggled again.

There was a loud yell and glass shattering from the inside of the church alerting the four people outside.

"Dr. Saltzman." Hope called.

"Yeah, I'm on it." Alaric marched forward to the church doors and tried to open them but they didn't bulge. "Doors are locked."

Hope was the first to react, she made a movement with her hands. "Dissera Portus!"

The doors slammed open, Hope stepped forward before looking at Landon. "You're gonna want to stay out here, Landon, trust me."

Aurora was about to follow them, but Alaric stopped her. "Aurora, stay with him."

"But—"

Alaric was already inside the church.

Aurora sighs staring at the retreating back of the headmaster, in just a few hours of meeting him Alaric was starting to frustrate her. She understands that she might not know as much as Hope but she can still help, she had helped her— the pack with far worse things than a werewolf, and yes, she might never face that especies of werewolves but how different can it be? She already saw Hope change, is not that bad.