Vol.1. Chapter 1.1: A devil's arrival

[A/N I always had the impression that if the devil was real, he would have an accent like Lucifer Morningstar. So I gave Kiyo a European way of speaking, you will know what I mean when you read it]

-

It was Monday morning, the start of the week. I always feel so lethargic, but I have to go to school today.

My vision was blurry. I rubbed my eyes and yawned as I put on my slippers and went to the washroom to freshen up. After brushing and taking a shower, I headed toward my wardrobe.

The dorm apartment that I live in wasn't very big, but it was spacious enough for a single student like me. The kitchen was right next to the bedroom. Well, it had only one bedroom, one kitchen with a hall which was an extensive area.

I opened my wardrobe and took out my uniform. I wore a white shirt and put on my green pants. I tightened my red tie, but not too much. I always kept the top button open and wore the tie accordingly.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. My messy brown hair was still wet and was falling into my eyes. I brushed them to the side with my left hand.

I checked the time; it was 7.30 am. I was late today, so I quickly took my bag.

As I unlocked my phone, there were 56 missed calls, 73 missed messages, and 12 voice mails. All from a single person.

Kushida

I grumbled and went to open my front door, and sure enough, there sat Kushida, resting against the door, clearly waiting for me. God alone knows how long.

''Kushida, to what do I owe this displeasure?''

''Does it kill you to answer your phone? Never mind, do you even know what Horikita's been up to behind your back?''

''I'm aware, yes.''

''H-Huh, you know?!''

Kushida got up and entered my room, this isn't the first time she's here, so she's used to it.

''Evidently, Ryueen is conspiring against her. So, knowing our ice princess, this was a mission to silence and slaughter him; or at least try to. I should probably bring popcorn to watch her eventual fail.'' 

''You don't suppose Ryueen found a way to expel her once and for all, do you?'' 

Even though Kushida asked curiously, she was hoping for the answer to be 'yes'. 

''Come now, I was under the impression that the three of us get along pretty well.''

''What? We are 3 distrustful acquaintances who happen to share the same class. I for one hope they've found a way to make that fucking bitch rot.''

''Kushida, I adore your other side, but you might wanna dial down your glee.''

I was staring at myself through the desk mirror, casually fixing the front bangs on my hair. Giving myself one last look, I headed out the door, my red blazer around my shoulder.

''Where are you going?'' Kushida asked, making me come to a halt.

I stood still while I enjoyed the morning scenery outside my dorm door, my back to Kushida. Birds chirping happily on the trees, and the sky was clear blue. A perfect day, if I say so myself.

''To find out who's making a move against our precious class, and then...''

I tilted my head towards Kushida, making proper eye contact. Despite my eyes being icy cold, there was undeniable amusement dancing in them.