Vol.1. Chapter 2.3: One torture a day keeps the demons away

[A/N Warning: This chapter is not made for the faint of heart]

-

[3rd Person POV]

[Location- The White Room]

''You are responsible for the director's son, got it?" the guard in the custom made white army getup made his way through the all white corridors, followed by a beautiful women in her early 20s.

The women who wore a long white trench coat, had her pretty crimson hair tied in a bun.

''Wait the director put his own son on this project?'' The redhead appeared surprised to hear about the director's ruthlessness.

''Aye, that's the kind of man your boss is.'' The guard took a left turn ''Let me ask you again, are you sure you are not in the wrong place.''

''Nope~ I'm definitely in the right place.'' Camilla smiled.

Seeing a smile so innocent, in a place so grim, sent mixed feelings to the guard. He was momentarily frozen in place. In fact, he hasn't seen a single spec of a smile since he started working here. He wondered how long it would take for that smile to disappear like many others in this place.

Before Camilla could knock on the boy's room, the guard blocked her path.

''Listen lady, I would probably get in a lot of trouble for telling you this, so keep it between us. I suggest you pick some other child other than him, or better yet find a job someplace other than here.'' The guard warned.

''And why's that....''

''That boy... let's just say he's special... all his previous therapists quit before they even made it a full week.''

''Oh a challenge! I like that!'' Camilla eagerly nodded, not backing down.

''Well, don't say I didn't warn ya.'' The guard sighed and tipped his cap, before turning around.

Just as the door to the room opened, Camilla strode in. There was a lone boy sitting on the white bed, in fact, everything was white. This place lacked a fashion taste, thought Camilla. The small brown-haired boy who looked like he was 12 years old didn't even glance at her.

''Heya~ YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBOURHOOD THERAPIST HAS ARRIVE----!''

''You are too noisy. Shut up if you value having a jaw for the rest of your life'' The boy who was reading a book with a bored expression growled.

Camilla looked at the boy, optimistic that she can still help him. But there was now visible sweat dripping from her forehead.

''Now, now, that's no way to talk to your elders.''

''........''

''Don't just ignore me?!''

The boy continued to read his book while refusing to acknowledge the women. Camilla, on the other hand, saw this as trivial, as she patiently waited for the boy's response with a hopeful smile.

Minutes pass by, but the therapist showed no signs of giving up.

''You're not gonna leave me alone, are you?'' The boy asked without looking at her.

''NOPE!~''

The boys' first impression of her was that she was an idiot. Animals who are blind to imminent danger are the first to go extinct. He sighed in annoyance, realizing she wouldn't leave until she got her response. Taking his eyes away from his book, at last, he began talking.