Vol.1. Chapter 1.4: How to take over a class 101

[A/N: I should warn you this chapter is kinda big. 6400 words to be exact. I wanted to split it into 2 parts, but then I was like 'F*CK IT'. It focuses on Ayanokouji's interaction with the class, as he smooth talks his way into becoming leader]

-

[3rd person POV]

[Location- The student council]

There were four people present in the student council room. The entire room was dimly lit, but enough light to see everything.

''President, we received a total of eight applications to join the student council staff this time.''

Tachibana, a small-framed girl with purple hair, notified Manabu Horikita, the student council president. He stayed seated in his office chair. A large dark Chocobo wood table was in front of him, furnished till smooth and carrying various applications and documents ranging from confidential information to something as small as club budgets.

Although the student council application documents were in front of him, he made no attempt to open the files. That duty belonged to his fellow subordinates.

Manabu Horikita prefers to pick members by interviewing them himself, he bases people on his own judgment instead of categorizing them through raw data.

But this also works as a great method for understanding the mindset of his future colleagues.

Nagamu was lying down on the nearby couch with his feet up, as if this was his living room.

''Five of them are from second years, while three belong to the first years.'' Tachibana continued.

''You can skip the second years, if there was somebody worthy of being on the student council, I would have recommended them myself. Unfortunately, most of them are a letdown, heh." Nagamu chuckled at his own words, before diverting his gaze to his classmate. ''Don't you agree Kiriyama.''

Kiriyama sat straight on the couch opposite of Nagamu. A long table separates them both, acting like a border.

Nagamu gave him a sly grin, but beneath it was a reminder, a reminder of how effortlessly he took over the second years. Kiriyama responded with a glare, but ultimately chose to disregard his provocation.

Manabu was silently watching his colleague's shallow banter but said nothing.

''Tell me about the first years,'' Nagamu continued. ''They seem to be an interesting bunch.''

''One of them is a boy from Class A, the other one is a girl from Class B, and the last...'' As she approached the final application, her eyes widened. ''Class...D.''

Kiriyama had a copy of the files, he was simply skimming through them.

Nagamu was also reading a copy of the applications, but his attention was drawn to their photographs rather than their data, or more particularly, to the middle photo. A young lady with strawberry blonde hair and a beautiful smile. No one in the room noticed Nagamu's lips curling or how he licked his lips as he glanced at the girl's photo.

''I think it's safe to say, we can just ignore the Class D student, and focus on the rest two.''Said Kiriyama.

''I would advise you against it...'' Tachibana complained. ''He got a perfect score on the entrance exam. That's something unheard of.''

''You hear that Kiriyama, full marks on entrance exams. Doesn't that sound like student council material to you,'' Nagamu said lazily while stretching his arms.