Sonia x reader - Long distance relationship

This oneshot was requested by @Sessylu75
Sonia is definitely my favourite professor characters, also kinda the only professor I'll write for, She's like the supportive best friend, absolutely love her.
Question of the oneshot! Since this is the first oneshot I've written for a swsh character, what's your favourite Pokémon from gen 8? Mine would have to be Dracozolt and Dragapult! Dracozolt just looks like this funny little guy and Dragapult is just epic!
Anyway, onto the oneshot!

F/R - Favourite region
N/N - Nickname

You took a deep breath as you sat down, exhaling heavily. You were the first one challengers had to battle in F/R's Elite Four and it certainly tired you out, half of the time, you didn't even want to battle the challengers. Pulling out your phone, you decided to give your girlfriend a call. Her name was Sonia, she was from the Galar region so you rarely had time to visit her. When you did have time, you mostly only had time for a video call until you had to battle the challengers, it was your job after all. She answered your call rather quickly, "Hey love! How's my lovely partner doing today?"

Just hearing her voice was enough to make you smile, "Hey darling, I'm alright, just a bit tired from all the battling today... How're you doing?"

You could hear her sigh, "I'm tired too, I've been doing nothing but research all day!"

You frowned, "Aww, guess we're both not feeling our best, huh?" She hummed in agreement, "At least you've got that kid to help out with everything. What's his name? Hop, right?"

She nodded, "Yeah, he's been a huge help but we're still exhausted from all the work we do." She let out another sigh, staring out the window by her desk, "I miss you."

"I miss you too, darling. I'd love to see you more often but I'm part of the elite four, I can't just leave for a week or so to visit sadly." You both knew that you were too far apart to hang out as often as you'd like, knowing that only made you miss each other more, "I was actually thinking of quitting sometime soon."

Upon hearing this, she sprang straight up in her chair, "But you're so good! Why would you quit?"

Letting out a sigh, you closed your eyes, "Well, to start with, it's exhausting having to battle people so often. Don't get me wrong, it's fun but it's all I do. On top of that, it means I never have enough time to see you." You paused in thought, "Overall, it's just not my type of thing..."

She frowned, "Maybe you just need to take a break?"

"Maybe." You shrugged, suddenly hearing the doors open, "Oh! Sorry love, I'll call you back, okay? Got another challenger." You told her quickly as you both said your goodbyes before ending the call. As you stood up, you quickly stretched as you gave a short apology to the trainer in front of you, introducing yourself like usual before beginning the battle.

A few days passed and you found yourself contemplating quitting your job even more. Your need for affection was killing you and the fact that you couldn't see your girlfriend wasn't helping. You had told the other elite four members that you were thinking of quitting so you all tried to find someone to take your place, they were sad to know you wanted to leave but supported your choice nonetheless.

Apparently, they found someone rather quickly too. Their name was *insert name of first elite four of whatever region you're from* and they seemed pretty good. Of course though, you couldn't just let them take the job immediately. Instead, you would battle them and watch them battle the other elite four members to see if they were actually good, in which they were.

After a few days of getting everything sorted out, you finally quit. The rest of the elite four and even the champion hoped that you'd have a good life wherever you decided to go. You thanked all of them before heading to the airport, your girlfriend was hopefully going to love your surprise visit.